Author Topic: CDC lists Halloween trick-or-treating as high risk for COVID-19  (Read 267 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
CDC lists Halloween trick-or-treating as high risk for COVID-19
« on: September 22, 2020, 07:00:50 pm »
Let the kids have fun. Their school year is in ruins, they have to wear dehumanizing masks all day, and their freedom is being eroded on a daily basis. Come on man let them eat candy. I have lost what little faith I had left thinking the CDC had Americans best interests at heart.

The CDC breaks down activities by risk category. Here’s what to know.

Higher risk activities
Avoid these higher risk activities to help prevent the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19:

Participating in traditional trick-or-treating where treats are handed to children who go door to door
Having trunk-or-treat where treats are handed out from trunks of cars lined up in large parking lots
Attending crowded costume parties held indoors
Going to an indoor haunted house where people may be crowded together and screaming
Going on hayrides or tractor rides with people who are not in your household
Using alcohol or drugs, which can cloud judgement and increase risky behaviors
Traveling to a rural fall festival that is not in your community if you live in an area with community spread of COVID-19
https://www.clickondetroit.com/health/2020/09/22/cdc-lists-halloween-trick-or-treating-as-high-risk-for-covid-19/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

Re: CDC lists Halloween trick-or-treating as high risk for COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 07:32:26 pm »
When the kids knock on the door just tell them to stay 6 ft away and toss the candy in an extra large bag?

Seriously, trick or treating has already been destroyed by the predators and nuts that try to poison them or put razor blades in their candy. Poor kids...Halloween was one of my favorite holidays. They'll never get to enjoy it as us geezers did. 9999hair out0000

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 08:05:31 pm »
When the kids knock on the door just tell them to stay 6 ft away and toss the candy in an extra large bag?

Seriously, trick or treating has already been destroyed by the predators and nuts that try to poison them or put razor blades in their candy. Poor kids...Halloween was one of my favorite holidays. They'll never get to enjoy it as us geezers did. 9999hair out0000
Well I can remember the stories of razor blades and such when I was kid but the poison came later, acid and other drugs were the cretins choice back when I was a kid. But yeah we used to go for miles Trick or Treating, and there was the ever popular throw the dummy into the street in front of on coming cars or drop one on a noose from the big maple trees lining the streets. Good times and fond memories.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 10:43:32 pm »
Hopefully trick-or-treating is the line where most people say "enough is enough." Clearly this isn't working.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 10:57:39 pm »
I suspect many communities will cancel Halloween this year.

And the funny thing is that I have NEVER seen so much Halloween candy for sale in the stores.  It appears to be at least twice as much as ever before on display.