Author Topic: Ten Great Deceptions Designed to Destroy the Republic  (Read 84 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ten Great Deceptions Designed to Destroy the Republic
« on: September 13, 2020, 02:18:12 pm »
September 13, 2020
Ten Great Deceptions Designed to Destroy the Republic
By Judith Acosta

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…I was a Madison Avenue copywriter. I was thrilled, until I realized I was a liar for hire.

I was assigned an ad for a diet aid. The account executive sent out the marketing strategy. When I read it, I felt something akin to an inner eye squint, the feeling you get when you suspect you’re being conned. I realized we were being asked to market this rather dubious product to young, anorexic women by capitalizing on their already-fragile sense of self and lying to them about what the product could be expected to do. 

So I wrote the ad that changed my life. It featured a close-up of the product with the headline “FAT CHANCE.” I was the only one who appreciated the irony.

Ah, well.   

I soon realized that in the sport of marketing (sic: lying) I’d never be a team player and that I’d have to find an honest way to make a living.

Since then, the great spin turbines in Hollywood, Madison Avenue, and D.C. have spawned a culture built on an ever-destabilizing pyramid of lies which cannot support the existence of a republic, the essence of which is self-governance.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/09/ten_great_deceptions_designed_to_destroy_the_republic.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34