Author Topic: Atlantic's Goldberg says fear of 'Twitter mob' prevented Trump sources from going public  (Read 230 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Atlantic's Goldberg says fear of 'Twitter mob' prevented Trump sources from going public
By Joe Concha - 09/08/20 09:09 AM EDT

The Atlantic's Jeffery Goldberg told MSNBC on Monday night that he believes "fear on a kind of superficial level of a Twitter mob" and a "fear of personal safety" kept his anonymous sources from going public with their allegations that President Trump called fallen service members "losers" and "suckers" in 2018.

Goldberg was pressed by MSNBC host Chris Hayes during an interview Monday night about the sources. He said he had pressed the sources to go on the record and also mentioned November's presidential election as a reason some may not have wanted to do so.

“I think there is a couple of things. There is this idea of a code that, you know, you don’t interfere. I think people are torn," he said.
ADVERTISEMENT

"On one hand they don’t want to interfere in democratic electoral processes. On the other hand, you are talking about a president who is unlike anything they have ever experienced," Goldberg continued. “I think there is also fear. We see this across the board in Donald Trump’s Washington: There is a fear on a kind of a superficial level of a Twitter mob. There is also real fear of personal safety, fear for your family, fear for what you put everybody around you through if you started talking about this sort of thing.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/515425-atlantics-goldberg-says-fear-of-twitter-mob-prevented-trump-sources-from-going
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

My sources, who tell me a-hole Trump did X, are afraid to go on the record because, well, Trump is an a-hole.

A nice convenient closed loop explanation.

Offline PeteS in CA

And the nearly 20 (last I heard) people who went on the record denying it, they "risked" what? Getting a second dollop of whipped cream on their pecan pie? The Atlantic and their annoymorous sources went with annoynymity solely to hinder and cloud fact-checking.

How soon in the process of people who were there speaking out will it be before either the annoymorous liars are exposed or The Atlantic is exposed as having used "sources" who were not there or who do not exist?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Twitter is well dominated by the liberals, the 'Twitter mob' claim is at best disingenuous deflection.

Named sources have come out on record to say that this isn't true.

Goldberg well knows his anonymous sources do not clear the high bar necessary to prove and impugn a Commander-in-Chief of disparaging the military, given the near sacred (and legal) relationship between the two.

Goldberg well knows he's been caught fabricating out of whole cloth, and he's trying to do damage control.
The Republic is lost.