Author Topic: The Plot to Change America  (Read 275 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The Plot to Change America
« on: September 08, 2020, 04:59:59 am »
Mods, I'm posting this here because I'm not certain where it belongs...but due to recent events, it most certainly belongs.

How Marxist ideologues took over our culture.

Increasingly, calls for wealth and power redistribution are dressed as compensatory justice for members of different identity groups. We see this playing out on our campuses, in our corporations, and, recently, in our streets. But when did the world shift away from a Marxism based on economic classes (the worker v. the bourgeois) into one based on immutable characteristics such as race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, and even disability status?

A story has to start somewhere, and I suggest the best place for this one is a fascist prison in Italy in the late 1920s and 1930s. There languished the Italian Com­munist leader Antonio Gramsci. Now he had the time to write down thoughts he’d been entertaining for over a decade.

It had long since dawned on Gramsci that, though Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels had promised almost a century earlier that the working class would rise up, overthrow the capital­ists, and establish the dictatorship of the proletariat, until that time revolutions had been few.

In Europe, the revolutions of 1848 had failed. The Bolsheviks had succeeded in Russia in 1917, but the rest of Europe was run by capitalists. America was even more hope­less. There, as Engels had written in 1892, “society at the very beginning started from a bourgeois basis” (though he added, wrongly as it turned out, that things were about to turn).

The cure, Gramsci thought, was to carry out a “con­sciousness raising” indoctrination campaign that would convince the average proletarian he had been duped by tradition, religion, the family, the educational system, and all the cultural trappings of society. Consciousness raising would let the worker understand his true interest and induce him to renounce any idea of succeeding individually; he would thus join with those in his class in a collec­tive effort to transform the system.
[excerpted]
https://americanmind.org/features/the-racial-marxism-of-blm/the-plot-to-change-america/
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Plot to Change America
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 08:16:18 am »
Definitely a worthwhile read, and it's companion piece is recommended too.

https://americanmind.org/features/the-racial-marxism-of-blm/

Just in case there is any doubt what we are up against, right here at home.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis