Author Topic: Judge declares Ohio military vet who spent two decades on death row ’wrongfully imprisoned’  (Read 206 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News  by Cory Shaffer - Advance Ohio Media  September 05, 2020

A judge in Cuyahoga County declared that former death row inmate Joe D’Ambrosio, who spent two decades on death row, was wrongfully imprisoned due to prosecutorial misconduct at his 1989 murder trial.

The designation is one in a long line of legal procedures that now allows D’Ambrosio to seek money from the state for his time behind bars.

The order handed down Monday by Common Pleas Court Judge Michael Russo marks the latest victory in D’Ambrosio’s 30-year legal crusade to clear his name in the grisly 1988 murder of Tony Klann.

A judge declared the 58-year-old wrongfully imprisoned in 2012 only to have the Ohio Supreme Court strip the designation from him two years later due to an awkwardly worded law that lawmakers have since changed. D’Ambrosio expressed guarded optimism when reached by phone Wednesday.

“It looks good, but I’m not getting excited because I’ve played this roller coaster before,” D’Ambrosio said.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/09/judge-declares-ohio-military-vet-who-spent-two-decades-on-death-row-wrongfully-imprisoned/

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline EdinVA

Beyond a reasonable doubt, not "will this help me get reelected"....
I would rather have 10 guilty walk than have 1 innocent be wrongfully convicted..