Author Topic: Trump to give Presidential Medal of Freedom to Lou Holtz  (Read 182 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to give Presidential Medal of Freedom to Lou Holtz
« on: September 04, 2020, 11:20:19 pm »
Trump to give Presidential Medal of Freedom to Lou Holtz
By Tal Axelrod - 09/04/20 07:00 PM EDT

President Trump announced Friday he will award the Presidential Medal of Freedom to former football coach Lou Holtz.

Trump called Holtz, who coached a number of college and professional football teams, an “incredible leader,” and said he received recommendations to give him the commendation from several other high-profile football figures.

“I’ve known him for a long time, he’s been a friend of mine. I think I’ve received letters from every football coach almost in the nation. That’s a little exaggeration, but some of the greats. Nick Saban wrote a letter. Coach [Ed Orgeron] … Urban Meyer wrote a beautiful letter, and so many of the other great, legendary coaches," he said at a press conference. "Not only coaches though, people in sports and people in life and even great political people recommending Lou for the Presidential Medal of Freedom."

“We’ve analyzed it very closely, we’ve looked at all of those recommendations, we’ve looked at Lou’s life and his career and what he’s done for charity. And the football is obvious, he was a great coach, but what he’s done beyond even coaching. So Lou will be getting the Presidential Medal of Freedom,” he added, saying the date for the award ceremony “won’t be in the too distant future.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/515216-trump-to-give-presidential-medal-of-freedom-to-lou-holtz
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34