Author Topic: Marine awarded highest noncombat medal for heroic action in North Carolina traffic accident  (Read 277 times)

rangerrebew

Marine awarded highest noncombat medal for heroic action in North Carolina traffic accident
Philip Athey

On the night of Dec. 13, 2018, Lance Cpl. Kevin Grajeda was driving home from Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, after a late night at work.

He was trying to arrange dinner plans with a friend when he witnessed two cars collide on the road in front of him.

His attempt to save one of the victims of the accident ultimately earned him the Navy and Marine Corps Medal ― the highest noncombat award Marines can receive ― and changed his life forever.

“I immediately thought I got to get off the phone, I have to go help these people,” Grajeda told Marine Corps Times.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2020/08/20/marine-awarded-highest-noncombat-medal-for-heroic-action-in-north-carolina-traffic-accident/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
 :patriot: Greater love hath no man....If you risk your life to help someone, you have already given it, whether you get to keep it or not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Marine awarded highest noncombat medal for heroic action in North Carolina traffic accident
Philip Athey

On the night of Dec. 13, 2018, Lance Cpl. Kevin Grajeda was driving home from Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, after a late night at work.

@rangerrebew

Soon to be SERGEANT Kevin Grajeda (ret-USMC). And well-deserved,too. Count on it.

As for the drunk,I am going to be deeply disappointed  if  he doesn't get  the maximum time permitted for his offenses. This guy is a drunk driver frequent flier,so there will be no excuse for not hammering him with max on each charge.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!