Author Topic: Trump's sister says president 'has no principles', lies in secretly recorded audio: report  (Read 7883 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Then may I surmise you're not a big fan of Dale Carnegie's  1936 bestseller How to Win Friends and Influence People?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsmqWlIZWRY

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

No.  It's a choice between sovereignty or rule by fascist NWO.  I think my nation is worth voting for.

Yes. That is what a PATRIOT says.  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:      Not some Anti-American.  Thank you. 

Offline roamer_1

The violin, viola, and cello were first made in the early 16th century, in Italy. The earliest evidence for

No, @Absalom is right. The lyre, as opposed to the harp, is mentioned in the OT of the Bible, and the drawn string (the bow and string) is also bloody ancient. I need no reference beyond the Bible for the lyre (8 strings, played in chords I believe), but I will have to go looking for the fiddle. I know it goes way back among the Celts... Which is why there is a difference between a fiddle and a violin, btw, regardless of it being the same instrument.

Offline corbe

The prose of @Absalom will forever be lost on some here but I don't recall him picking many fights here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Think bow and arrow. Someone fiddling with a stick and a string. The Twang of the string when shot.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

The prose of @Absalom will forever be lost on some here but I don't recall him picking many fights here.

I enjoy @Absalom . A dry, clean wit, Obviously thoughtful, and cedes well when in error. Always polite, even in wielding his rapier. Prose indeed.

Offline skeeter

I enjoy @Absalom . A dry, clean wit, Obviously thoughtful, and cedes well when in error. Always polite, even in wielding his rapier. Prose indeed.

Ha. You guys NEVER cede well when in error. 888mouth

Now I'm off to find out whether the Hurdy Gurdy was invented before or after the Roly Poly.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 12:00:57 am by skeeter »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

People see what they want to see. And they hear what they want to hear.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Ha. You guys NEVER cede well when in error. 888mouth

Now I'm off to find out whether the Hurdy Gurdy was invented before or after the Roly Poly.

Baloney. I admit error freely, and have done so right here on this board, many times. I take correction very well.

Offline roamer_1

Think bow and arrow. Someone fiddling with a stick and a string. The Twang of the string when shot.

That's probably not wrong. It would be a fun aside to see whether there is a correlation between drawn-string instruments and cultural use of the bow and arrow.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That's probably not wrong. It would be a fun aside to see whether there is a correlation between drawn-string instruments and cultural use of the bow and arrow.

The correlation is there whether you are Nero fiddling or harping about this and that, etc.

Cupidity

greed for money or possessions

Cupid

passionate desire

Offline corbe

@Absalom thinks in terms of Millenniums, a difficult concept of those awaiting Season 6.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

The correlation is there whether you are Nero fiddling or harping about this and that, etc.

Cupidity

greed for money or possessions

Cupid

passionate desire

The whole subject is an aside for me... The only reason I know is from chasing back the origins of 'country' music and dance... The Scots-Irish origins in both music and dance are unmistakable in country, and particularly hillbilly music... There's only two places in the world where they play a fiddle -That being American country music and Ireland (with a nod to the Scots and somewhat the Welsh)... Same with the origin of a hillbilly clog, or a country line dance... It is unmistakable... And remarkable. And surprising how far back you can go. Rednecks go back to the beginning of time  happy77

Offline Absalom

The violin, viola, and cello were first made in the early 16th century, in Italy. The earliest evidence for their existence is in paintings by Gaudenzio Ferrari from the 1530s, though Ferrari's instruments had only three strings. The first clear record of a violin-like instrument comes from paintings by Gaudenzio Ferrari. In his Madonna of the Orange Tree, painted 1530, a cherub is seen playing a bowed instrument which clearly has the hallmarks of violins.
The first guitars are thought to have originated during the 15th Century in Spain. These had four ‘courses’ of strings or sets of two strings tuned to the same note to give the guitar resonance. However the Lute was consistently favored by the public over the Guitar until the end of the 15th Century.
Gusle There is no consensus about the origin of the instrument.[1] 6th-century Byzantine Greek historian Theophylact Simocatta (fl. c. 630) wrote about "small lyres" brought by the Slavs who settled the Balkans; some researchers believe that this might have been the gusle.[1] Others, such as F. Sachs, believe that the gusle has an Oriental origin, brought to Europe in the 10th century via the Islamic cultural wave 
The hurdy-gurdy was first mentioned in the 10th century as the organistrum. It was then a church instrument played by two men, one fingering the keys, one turning the wheel. Secular, one-man forms, called symphonia, appeared in the 13th century.
The history of the viola is closely linked to the development of the other instruments in the violin family, which were first made in northern Italy between 1530 and 1550. It may be assumed that the alto, tenor and bass versions emerged soon after the soprano instrument.
I will grant you the Harp/ lyre since it is mentioned in the Bible during the time of Saul and David.
Now You can try and refute my claims with actual evidence or if you had any integrity you would humbly apologize and say "hey that Verga is one smart Dude, I need to listen to him a whole lot more often." But I am not going to hold my breath given several of our past encounters.
--------------------------------------
The Britannica lists in excess of 200 stringed musical instruments,
some per-dating Rome; I simply listed 9 in the interest of brevity.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 01:36:13 am by Absalom »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
   @Absalom thinks in terms of Millenniums, a difficult concept of those awaiting Season 6.

Nothing changes.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline roamer_1

But a perspective lost to us at our peril.

Offline skeeter

The cherry on top is he has the ‘correct’ opinion of Tumpy.

Offline corbe

I won't deny that there is possible BIAS in my opinion @skeeter

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, it's ALL about Tumpy, ain't it...  *****rollingeyes*****

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Yes he does. As does @roamer_1. As do many other people.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Well, admittedly the topic is one of few that are actually about the President.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
--------------------------------------
The Britannica lists in excess of 200 stringed musical instruments, some per-dating Rome;
I simply listed 9 in the interest of brevity.
Yet my larger point was predictablt ignored

It wasn't ignored. It has to be comprehended first.

Offline roamer_1

Well, admittedly the topic is one of few that are actually about the President.   :shrug:

@skeeter 's implication is that @corbe and I (the Tumpy bit) defend @Absalom because he is against Tumpy. Nothing could be further from the truth. I, at least, defended Absalom because he is right.

And if I have a bias, it is only natural, as Absalom is a studied philosophical Conservative, by the numbers. And an ancient historian... Any bias in that would be quite natural...

And he and I have had a couple barn burners... He prefers the Celto-Galatian rise of Conservative thought, while I prefer the Celto-Cimeric rise across the Northlands... But picking nits in the end. Our arguments tend to be academic.

Offline skeeter

apparently

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The Scots-Irish origins i

Do you know the origin of that term?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln