Author Topic: Goodbye to Discover  (Read 533 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Goodbye to Discover
« on: August 22, 2020, 01:48:02 pm »
August 22, 2020
Goodbye to Discover
By George Right

I have been a Discover Bank customer for many years, but I no longer want to associate with the bank after the management pledged support for the Marxist terrorist group Black Lives Matter and began to spread their false and harmful narrative of "systemic racism."

In times like these, Discover’s seemingly benign campaign to award money to black-owned restaurants can only be seen as cowardly pandering to the BLM looters and arsonists in the hope that the bank will be spared the fate of other American corporations, whose offices had been ransacked and burned.

I'm all for supporting small businesses in these troubled times - if it's based on their performance and not on the race, gender, sexual orientation, or any other irrelevant characteristic of the owners.

Discover’s pledge to spend its depositor's money (all the bank’s money belongs to the depositors) on a program to "fight systemic racism" by supporting exclusively black-owned businesses is,  on its face, blatantly racist and shameless discrimination.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/goodbye_to_discover.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Goodbye to Discover
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 02:32:05 pm »
Anybody able to find the corporate email address of Discover so people can send them a message?

I found the one for Goodyear but conveniently, it said I did not fill out all the fields correctly after doing it several times so it could never be sent to them.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 10:10:39 pm »
I'd never heard of a bank named "Discover" until I read this thread.
Where are they located?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 10:16:37 pm »
Wells Fargo...is controlled by SOROS. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 12:23:31 am »
Aren't we talking about Discover here, not WF?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 01:08:39 am »
Aren't we talking about Discover here, not WF?

BANKS...and who are nasty people.  I thought WF and SOROS qualified.  You aren't really upset are you?  Some said they never heard of DISCOVER BANK.  I hadn't either.  Most have heard of W.F. Bank.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 04:38:03 am »
I think you have been misinformed

https://marketrealist.com/2020/06/why-george-soros-sold-most-his-financial-stocks/

I also doubt Soros ever had enough Wells Fargo stock to control diddly in the company. Fargo has been more than capable of corruption and financial malfeasance without any help from Soros...........................just ask any of us that had mortgages with them.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 06:33:54 am »
I think you have been misinformed

https://marketrealist.com/2020/06/why-george-soros-sold-most-his-financial-stocks/

I also doubt Soros ever had enough Wells Fargo stock to control diddly in the company. Fargo has been more than capable of corruption and financial malfeasance without any help from Soros...........................just ask any of us that had mortgages with them.
I had heard of them years ago, and they bought out a bank I was doing business with on the road. When they did, they sent me a credit card. I cut it up after getting the number off the back to call them and tell them to just send me my money and close the account. They sent me another card. I cut it up and called them back and said to send me my money. We went a couple more rounds before they finally got the message that I did not want an account with them and sent my money.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 05:18:04 pm »
I had heard of them years ago, and they bought out a bank I was doing business with on the road. When they did, they sent me a credit card. I cut it up after getting the number off the back to call them and tell them to just send me my money and close the account. They sent me another card. I cut it up and called them back and said to send me my money. We went a couple more rounds before they finally got the message that I did not want an account with them and sent my money.
I went through a period starting in the mid seventies where I left Fargo for treating me like dirt and they proceeded to buy up bank after bank that I moved to until I went to a credit union. But just like in the past Fargo bought up my mortgage and years later when I had to sell it or lose it they did everything the could to rack up interest charges and drag things out to get the buyers to back out and force me into foreclosure. I believe there are more than a couple protest sites on the internet and there was one that was called **CK Wells Fargo.