Author Topic: Would President Trump Fill A Vacant SCOTUS Seat Before 2020 Election? Almost Certainly  (Read 372 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Anders Hagstrom
White House Correspondent
July 18, 2020 5:52 PM ET

President Donald Trump’s administration has signaled it would be willing to fill a Supreme Court vacancy before the 2020 Election on November 3 should a seat be available.

A potential SCOTUS nomination has crept in as a 2020 election issue following revelations that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been receiving chemotherapy treatment for a fifth bout with cancer since May.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell confirmed in February that he would fill a vacancy, and Trump’s White House has echoed that sentiment, according to the Associated Press.

“I can’t imagine that if he had a vacancy on the Supreme Court that he would not very quickly make the appointment and look for the Senate to take quick action,” White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said Wednesday.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/18/trump-supreme-court-mcconnell-ruth-bader-ginsburg/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Not likely to happen, so why speculate.

Online libertybele

There is a possibility with Ginsberg going through chemo again that a vacancy may open, but whether or not there would be enough time or votes to fill the position is questionable.

Secondly, I think Ruthie will be hanging in there for awhile.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I hope so.

So long as there are enough Senators to confirm, I say hold the vote right up until December 31st...

Online libertybele

I hope so.

So long as there are enough Senators to confirm, I say hold the vote right up until December 31st...

Well, the DEMS have mentioned that they would expand the numbers of justices and I imagine that's exactly what they'll do once they are seated in the oval office.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

There is a possibility with Ginsberg going through chemo again that a vacancy may open, but whether or not there would be enough time or votes to fill the position is questionable.

Secondly, I think Ruthie will be hanging in there for awhile.

Actually the best scenario IMO. I don't want any issues energizing the left before November.

Online libertybele

Actually the best scenario IMO. I don't want any issues energizing the left before November.

Very good point.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He might not get the votes in the Senate, there's a benefit to making the Nomination right up until the Election.  I say, he goes for it and it would be a smart move.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

He might not get the votes in the Senate, there's a benefit to making the Nomination right up until the Election.  I say, he goes for it and it would be a smart move.

Well .... I still think she's going to hang in there awhile and if she does pass close to election time, I imagine they'll probably keep that quiet as long as they possibly can.