Author Topic: Should Black and Latino people get priority access to a COVID-19 vaccine?  (Read 949 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Should Black and Latino people get priority access to a COVID-19 vaccine?

With the promise of a COVID-19 vaccine in the distant future and positive signs from a recent Moderna MRNA, 11.66% trial, public-health professionals are mulling which groups of people should get early doses. And some are weighing a controversial idea: moving people of color, whose communities have been disproportionately stricken by the disease, toward the front of the queue.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials and an outside advisory committee plotting an eventual vaccine rollout are considering bumping up certain groups for the first doses of an effective coronavirus vaccine, such as key national security officials, high-risk individuals and essential workers, according to a recent New York Times report. One option that has sparked some debate, the report said, is prioritizing Black and Latino Americans.

When asked who needed the vaccine after health-care workers, philanthropist Melinda Gates, wife of Microsoft MSFT, -0.50% co-founder Bill Gates, floated a similar idea during a recent Time magazine interview. “In the U.S., that would be Black people next, quite honestly, and many other people of color. They are having disproportionate effects from COVID-19,” she said. From there, Gates said, she would prioritize people with underlying conditions, older people and essential workers.

Research shows that Black and Latino people bear a disproportionate share of COVID-19 illness and death in the U.S. People of color are also overrepresented in essential jobs that require them to work outside the home. They are more likely to have underlying health conditions that can lead to more severe cases of the coronavirus, less likely to have health insurance, and more likely to report experiencing discrimination within the health-care system............

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/should-black-and-latino-people-get-priority-access-to-a-covid-19-vaccine-2020-07-16
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline rustynail

Yes.  Let them test it for the rest. 

Offline PeteS in CA

When the several Covid-19 vaccines complete their testing - at least one vaccine is well into Phase III (AstraZeneca), the final phase, and two others will begin Phase III soon (one possibly already) - hundreds of millions and even billions of doses will be pretty much instantly available. So "priority access" is a race-baiting fake issue.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
pure Garbage, and I already think the priorites have been set.

(1) Health Care Workers
(2) Elderly in nursing homes and their Care Workers
(3) First Repsonders
(4) Those working or involved in critical infrastructure
(5) Other Elderly and those with pre-exisitng factors
(6) Everyone else.

All 6, with no priority given to race.

Hell with the Race Card
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

There will be some clinical trials in Pittsburgh for a vaccine developed by Moderna, Inc.   UPMC is looking for blacks, Latinos and the elderly and/or chronically ill.  I was going to sign up to participate, but this would involve constant testing and monitoring for up to two years.  Too much for me.

Offline PeteS in CA

There will be some clinical trials in Pittsburgh for a vaccine developed by Moderna, Inc.   UPMC is looking for blacks, Latinos and the elderly and/or chronically ill.  I was going to sign up to participate, but this would involve constant testing and monitoring for up to two years.  Too much for me.

One of the things realized in the 70s and 80s is that sometimes reactions to and effectiveness of drugs varies across ethnic populations. So seeking minority participants is rational and required by testing protocols. AstraZeneca (another vaccine) is doing Phase III tests in South Africa and Brazil as well as the UK and US.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
One of the things realized in the 70s and 80s is that sometimes reactions to and effectiveness of drugs varies across ethnic populations. So seeking minority participants is rational and required by testing protocols. AstraZeneca (another vaccine) is doing Phase III tests in South Africa and Brazil as well as the UK and US.

From what I read in the article, there would be less biological diversity the way they're proposing, because anybody the least bit white will be excluded from the trials.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Hell yes they should be first!
I am White so...they deserve priority...you know...for their 'oppression' and skin color and whatever.
Do me after it is tested and vetted. I am perfectly content to wait.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
 :whistle:

Remember who started that eugenics thing...

I think protesters should be first. 
After all, they have all those important messages to convey, and they don't social distance well...

(Let them be the lab rats). :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
From what I read in the article, there would be less biological diversity the way they're proposing, because anybody the least bit white will be excluded from the trials.

Well -- let's see --- which "group" will be saved??  Certainly a chance of ethnic cleansing?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well -- let's see --- which "group" will be saved??  Certainly a chance of ethnic cleansing?

More evidence that they have it in for us. 22222frying pan
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

The left is handing us the election on a silver platter with this crap.

Offline Smokin Joe

My understanding is that the vaccines are DNA/RNA vaccines, not the standard weakened or killed virus type. That's not only new but is supposed to make some sort of fundamental changes to the cells.

The people developing this stuff are Georgia Guidestones types, and that says 13 of every 14 people on the planet have to go.

I ain't having what they are pushing.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Hmmm, seems that what was once "old" is "new" again... :smokin:

https://www.history.com/news/the-infamous-40-year-tuskegee-study
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The left is handing us the election on a silver platter with this crap.

You would think so, but IMHO the corruption is just too deep and I wouldn't count on it.

Offline Hoodat

Should Black and Latino people get priority access to a COVID-19 vaccine?

Should we just scrap the 1964 Civil Rights Act entirely?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
My understanding is that the vaccines are DNA/RNA vaccines, not the standard weakened or killed virus type. That's not only new but is supposed to make some sort of fundamental changes to the cells.

The people developing this stuff are Georgia Guidestones types, and that says 13 of every 14 people on the planet have to go.

I ain't having what they are pushing.

I am extremely very skeptical as well, the red flags go up when they start to single out a particular ethnic group or groups. Keeping in mind the whole BLM push and having them first in line for the vaccine should raise some eyebrows. Especially when I look at the stats in my county that indicates that there are 5x as many whites dying as blacks, but the number of cases in a predominately black zip code has the highest number of cases -- so how is it then that the blacks have been hit the hardest?  By the stats, that doesn't seem to be the case; quite the opposite.

On the subject of the RNA as you brought up (and I am not a virologist nor a doctor,) if I am understanding correctly, the drug Ivermectin reduces the viral RNA of the Sars/COVID virus. A single treatment able to effect ~5000-fold reduction in virus at 48 h in cell culture.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Who in their right mind would be protesting to be the first ones to get a new drug that has never been tested on a an entire population? I, speaking for myself, want to be the guy who gets the drug six-twelve months later. Well after tens of thousands of people have gone before me for a few months. I certainly don't want to be the first guy in line. 'Oh crap!' the doctor says. Cancer? Renal failure? I guess we didn't think of that?

Penguins when they crowd on a ice cliff above the water, will deliberately push a few in the ocean just to see what happens. That's how they figure out if the water is safe or not. I want to be the last penguin in line for that duty.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

I, speaking for myself, want to be the guy who gets the drug six-twelve months later. Well after tens of thousands of people have gone before me for a few months. I certainly don't want to be the first guy in line. 'Oh crap!' the doctor says. Cancer? Renal failure? I guess we didn't think of that?

I plan on being the guy who doesn't have to get a vaccine because I keep my hands washed, refrain from touching my face, and keep my distance from others.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DB

I sure as hell won't be rushing out to get a new vaccine that's only been tested a few months...

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I sure as hell won't be rushing out to get a new vaccine that's only been tested a few months...

That seems to be the general consensus in here.  I know I'm not going to be in any hurry.   Quite frankly I'd rather take my chances with some of the drugs that have been around for awhile and found to help like remedesvir or ivermectin though they haven't been approved by the FDA for COVID.

Offline Smokin Joe

I am extremely very skeptical as well, the red flags go up when they start to single out a particular ethnic group or groups. Keeping in mind the whole BLM push and having them first in line for the vaccine should raise some eyebrows. Especially when I look at the stats in my county that indicates that there are 5x as many whites dying as blacks, but the number of cases in a predominately black zip code has the highest number of cases -- so how is it then that the blacks have been hit the hardest?  By the stats, that doesn't seem to be the case; quite the opposite.

On the subject of the RNA as you brought up (and I am not a virologist nor a doctor,) if I am understanding correctly, the drug Ivermectin reduces the viral RNA of the Sars/COVID virus. A single treatment able to effect ~5000-fold reduction in virus at 48 h in cell culture.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011
The HQC/Z-pack/zinc (under 50 bucks, 5 days of pills at home and done) is the other obvious remedy, and should be prepackaged for people who think they have been exposed, like an Amazon pill pack.

But, as I figured from the start, nothing strips away panic and mortal fear like knowing if you get it, you take these pills and there is a 99.95% chance (maybe better) you will be just fine.
As with Ivermectin, neither will be readily accepted by the high level medical establishment because their Cape Cod Mansion just isn't in the kickbacks for prescribing or demanding stuff that is cheap.  Besides, they would not be able to leer at the American people on teevee and demand we cover our faces (Is that a Muslim thing for dhimmis? or something?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 04:09:07 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

You might think that Black and Latinos should have priority access.

I would recommend the first good vaccine be given to TV personalities, News Readers, Dim controllers of power, all the staff and owners of Social Media, BLM leaders, Bill & Melinda Gates, and George Soros & family. Forced inoculations as necessary.

Then the rest of us can see if the prior testing was A-OK.

I would hate to see Blacks, Latinos, and Whites like myself unnecessarily killed or deformed by a defective virus.
A virus that is being mass produced today.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:07:55 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline EdinVA

A virus that is being mass produced today.
In china????