Author Topic: BREAKING: Justice Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection  (Read 1174 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Justice Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection

(WFLA) – Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been hospitalized for a possible infection, according to the Supreme Court.

Justice Ginsburg was admitted to the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland early Tuesday morning.

The Supreme Court said Ginsburg was evaluated at a hospital in Washington, D.C. Monday night after experiencing a fever and chills.

She underwent an endoscopic procedure Tuesday.

“The Justice is resting comfortably and will stay in the hospital for a few days to receive intravenous antibiotic treatment,” a release from the Supreme Court said..............

https://www.wfla.com/news/breaking-news/justice-ginsburg-hospitalized-for-possible-infection/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: BREAKING: Justice Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 10:08:10 pm »
Maybe there is something that can work its magic on her. COVID!!!!

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 10:12:30 pm »

The opening sentence states a possible infection, yet the article states that she is being treated with intravenous antibiotics. Usually intravenous antibiotics are given when there is a serious bacterial infection.

I wish her well and a speedy recovery. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 10:13:57 pm »

And before the grim reapers start thinking ahead.  I think we are too late in the election year cycle to be able to pull off another appointment before Jan. 2021.  Dims would wage the Stall Tactics of all time before then.  Rounding up a quorum?  Good luck with that
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 10:15:15 pm »

The opening sentence states a possible infection, yet the article states that she is being treated with intravenous antibiotics. Usually intravenous antibiotics are given when there is a serious bacterial infection.

I am guessing a secondary infection associated with one of her numerous carcinomas. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 10:16:27 pm »

Infection.

Right.

Like Gonorrhea.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 10:25:17 pm »
And before the grim reapers start thinking ahead.  I think we are too late in the election year cycle to be able to pull off another appointment before Jan. 2021.  Dims would wage the Stall Tactics of all time before then.  Rounding up a quorum?  Good luck with that

Agreed --- same tactic that prevented Garland from getting the nomination.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 10:49:05 pm »
Might be a good time and place to see if Ted Cruz wants the job.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 10:51:27 pm »
I hope hydroxychloroqine/zinc saves her.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2020, 10:53:37 pm »
Agreed --- same tactic that prevented Garland from getting the nomination.

Obama was a lame duck.  Trump is not.  Not the same situation as with Garland.  But don't count your vacancies until they croak.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2020, 11:00:54 pm »
They want revenge for not getting Scalia's seat. They will pull every procedural trick they have—is there a budget continuing resolution up for expiration any time soon?—to not lose Ginsburg's seat now.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mortarman

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2020, 11:32:14 pm »
She's not going to die in the near term (officially). She already has butt the Dis-Loyal Opposition an' the Propaganda Ministry For the Left-wing Fascist Agenda have been having so much fun playing "Weekend At Ruth Buzzie Ginsberg's".

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 12:26:07 am »
Infection.

Right.

Like Gonorrhea.
Entirely no class.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 02:01:41 am »
Entirely no class.

Hey now. She is sick and you treat her like that?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 03:45:05 am »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,408323.msg2249278.html#msg2249278

A liberal DEM from Hawaii -- who really cares

How is it ANY different with RBG?

@truth_seeker

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 01:32:49 am »
Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection (updated)

SCOTUSblog by Amy Howe 7/15/2020

Update, July 15: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been discharged from the hospital a day after being admitted for a possible infection, a Supreme Court spokesperson said Wednesday afternoon. “She is home and doing well,” the spokesperson said.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/07/ginsburg-hospitalized-for-possible-infection/

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2020, 01:45:17 am »

Update, July 15: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been discharged from the hospital a day after being admitted for a possible infection, a Supreme Court spokesperson said Wednesday afternoon. “She is home and doing well,” the spokesperson said.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/07/ginsburg-hospitalized-for-possible-infection/

Quite remarkable; she sure does recover very quickly for her age.  Good for her.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 09:15:10 am »
I hope hydroxychloroqine/zinc saves her.
*look*
I see what you did there... :silly:

I don't wish ill on anyone, not even her.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mortarman

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 02:47:46 pm »

An' 'Weekend At Ruth Buzzie Ginsberg" continues.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2020, 02:52:42 pm »
I don't want to wish death on anyone, however, it would be great if she respectfully retired...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2020, 03:02:46 pm »
Doesn't matter if she is 'released from the hospital'.
She has an entire stocked ICU with the best doctors on the planet in her bedroom.
That's how she sleeps every night.
The Democrats will not "allow" her to die no matter what.
Even if they have to do a 'Pet Sematary' scenario by Stephen King, they will do it.
Satan is happy to help the Democrats with anything they want.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 11:04:42 pm »
I don't want to wish death on anyone, however, it would be great if she respectfully retired...

Bingo.

No person in a government position like Congress, SCOTUS, or POTUS should have a lifetime appointment.

A truly great person, who understood the Constitution, would have the Grace to bow out. ESPECIALLY A JUDGE.

But not her. JUST another Lib/Dem. I want her off the Court.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 12:26:41 am »
Bingo.

No person in a government position like Congress, SCOTUS, or POTUS should have a lifetime appointment.

A truly great person, who understood the Constitution, would have the Grace to bow out. ESPECIALLY A JUDGE.

But not her. JUST another Lib/Dem. I want her off the Court.
It is likely that having access to the best medical minds because she is on the court, and not a "former" justice, is the thing that is keeping her alive.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 12:32:12 am »
It is likely that having access to the best medical minds because she is on the court, and not a "former" justice, is the thing that is keeping her alive.

Hmmmm...dint Scalia have the same access?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2020, 12:33:59 am »
Hmmmm...dint Scalia have the same access?
Not where he died...

C S Lewis