Author Topic: You Know What’s The Ultimate ‘Place Of Privilege’? Living In The USA  (Read 180 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

You Know What’s The Ultimate ‘Place Of Privilege’? Living In The USA

People who come to this country don't throw around that 'privilege' word as if to highlight some victimhood. They know America is still the shining beacon of hope for all mankind.

By J. Motos Gordon
July 6, 2020

From the moment I first saw a helicopter land in the rice fields of my small town in the Philippines when I was a kid, I was captivated. I wanted to fly. I never thought I’d ever get to fly anything but the homemade kites we used to make out of cement bags and bamboo sticks.

Then I got an amazing, life-changing gift: opportunity.
America, the Land of Opportunity

When I was about 10 years old, my mom brought me to the United States. She had come to the U.S. many years before with only about $200 in her pocket when she stepped off the plane. She made a life for herself, and when she was finally able, she brought me. She eventually met my dad, and he later adopted me. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

My mom and dad are amazing people — caring, salt of the earth, hard-working people. Thrift shops and Goodwill stores were our malls when I was younger, and to this day I feel a sense of excitement when I enter one. My parents gardened in the backyard, spent their money frugally, and continued to save for part of that American Dream: their own house.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/06/you-know-whats-the-ultimate-place-of-privilege-living-in-the-usa/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA