Author Topic: Common Cold Now Being Counted as a Positive COVID-19 Result  (Read 443 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ice Age Now July 3, 2020 by Robert

If you have two minor symptoms (sneezing, fever) or one major symptom, (respiratory major) you are COUNTED as a COVID case – hence the so-called “spike”. If you have allergies, you’re a case.
In other words, even if you have the same symptoms as an allergy or the common cold, you could be classified as having COVID-19.

It gets worse.

Earlier, only proven cases were counted.

•   Now, there are about 15 new ways you can get counted as positive.

•   Now, “probable” cases are counted (whether or not the person displays any symptoms).

•   Now, if you have had close contact with a “probable” case you are counted.

•   Now, if you display any two of the symptoms as mentioned above (whether you actually have the virus or not), you are counted

•   Now, if you have been to a location where the virus is endemic (a location where there are lots of cases – such as the entire State of Texas), and you test positive (even if you had it long ago) you are still counted.

I posted about this yesterday, and provided a video showing the Commissioners of Collin County Texas being instructed (ordered?) to follow the new guidelines (See https://www.iceagenow.info/states-ordered-to-inflate-covid-19-cases-15-times-actual-rate/) The video was dated 18 May 2020, which means the CDC issued its new profiling guidelines about six weeks ago. I assume that every jurisdiction in the U.S. was given similar guidelines (orders?)

More: https://www.iceagenow.info/common-cold-now-being-counted-as-a-positive-covid-19-result/

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Common Cold Now Being Counted as a Positive COVID-19 Result
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 08:15:04 pm »
Even the CDC admits this much:

Confirmed & Probable Counts

As of April 14, 2020, CDC case counts and death counts include both confirmed and probable cases and deaths. This change was made to reflect an interim COVID-19 position statement pdf iconexternal iconissued by the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists on April 5, 2020. The position statement included a case definition and made COVID-19 a nationally notifiable disease. Nationally notifiable disease cases are voluntarily reported to CDC by jurisdictions.

A confirmed case or death is defined by meeting confirmatory laboratory evidence for COVID-19.

A probable case or death is defined by one of the following:

Meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19
Meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence
Meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19
Not all jurisdictions report confirmed and probable cases and deaths to CDC. When not available to CDC, it is noted as N/A.

Accuracy of Data

CDC does not know the exact number of COVID-19 illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths for a variety of reasons. COVID-19 can cause mild illness, symptoms might not appear immediately, there are delays in reporting and testing, not everyone who is infected gets tested or seeks medical care, and there may be differences in how jurisdictions confirm numbers.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 08:19:15 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 08:18:30 pm »
Also, 29 states/territories do not separate the confirmed deaths and the probable deaths, so the CDC lists them in the total deaths category

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 08:32:10 pm »
I don't pay attention to any numbers concerning COVID. Consider them all to be fake or simply wrong.
Once COVID became political instead of medical, all truth went out the window.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 02:01:08 pm »
Pennsylvania was caught including suspected cases of COVID that were not confirmed.  This was particularly used in upping the death count. 

But the story was swept under the rug.  I'm sure Pennsylvania is still fudging the numbers and along with the state, certain counties like Allegheny where the numbers have allegedly increased at an "alarming rate."

And the test results themselves are suspect.  At one point I read about some suspicion that tests were producing false negatives.  So I asked once, could the opposite also be true -- that there might be false positives too?   *CRICKETS*