Author Topic: Senator Marco Rubio seeks to ban Chinese firms from US capital markets  (Read 254 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Senator Marco Rubio seeks to ban Chinese firms from US capital markets

A top senator is preparing a bill to ban Chinese companies from US capital markets if they engage in spying, human rights abuse or support China’s military, threatening a financial blow as tensions mount over Covid-19 and Beijing’s crackdown on Hong Kong.

Republican Marco Rubio, a prominent China hardliner, said he plans to unveil the legislation in the coming weeks after the US Department of Defence released a list of 20 companies, including telecoms giant Huawei and video surveillance firm Hikvision, that it alleges are owned or controlled by the Chinese military.

“The Chinese Communist Party’s exploitation of US capital markets is a clear and ongoing risk to US economic and national security that must be addressed,” Rubio said in a statement.

“In the coming weeks, I will be introducing legislation to ban these companies from operating in US capital markets and make clear to the Communist Party that they will no longer be able to exploit our financial system,” he added...........

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/3091446/senator-marco-rubio-seeks-ban-chinese-firms-us
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.