Author Topic: Governors rethink opening bars, restaurants amid spike in COVID-19 cases  (Read 370 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Governors rethink opening bars, restaurants amid spike in COVID-19 cases
By Jessie Hellmann - 06/29/20 04:23 PM EDT

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 232011)

State and local officials are facing pressure to keep bars and indoor dining closed as the U.S. reckons with another upswing in COVID-19 infections weeks after lockdown measures were lifted.

Indoor venues where people eat, drink and socialize have become sources of COVID-19 spread in several states where cases are rising, forcing leaders to reevaluate their decisions to allow bars and indoor restaurants to reopen during a pandemic. Meanwhile, governors who have not yet allowed those facilities to reopen said they will reconsider their plans to do so.

“I think across all these states, we just can’t have bars — I’m not sure that we can even run restaurants where people are sitting indoors, nightclubs. Anything that gathers people indoors I think at this moment is way too risky and has to be dialed back,” said Ashish Jha, professor of global health at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, on NBC’s “Today” on Monday.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/505104-governors-rethink-opening-bars-restaurants-amid-spike-in-covid-19-cases
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34