Author Topic: Democrats optimistic about chances of winning Senate  (Read 177 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats optimistic about chances of winning Senate
« on: June 28, 2020, 02:24:21 pm »
Democrats optimistic about chances of winning Senate
By Jordain Carney - 06/28/20 06:00 AM EDT

Democratic senators are feeling increasingly optimistic about their chances of winning back the Senate majority in November.

Republicans, with a 53-47 seat edge, have spent most of the cycle viewed as the front-runners for holding onto their majority, even though they were defending 23 seats to Democrats’ 12.

But Democrats have seen their odds boosted in recent weeks by President Trump’s crumbling poll numbers amid widespread criticism of his handling of the twin crises of the coronavirus pandemic and widespread anger over police brutality toward African Americans.

“I feel good about them, I do. I mean certainly better than a year ago,” said Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), the party’s 2016 vice presidential nominee, asked about the party's chances.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/504803-democrats-optimistic-about-chances-of-winning-senate
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 02:53:16 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34