Author Topic: Jerry Nadler 'will immediately open' investigation into Trump firing of Manhattan US attorney  (Read 444 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jerry Nadler 'will immediately open' investigation into Trump firing of Manhattan US attorney
by Emma Colton, Social Media Manager
 | June 21, 2020 11:25 AM

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler said his panel will "immediately" initiate an investigation into the firing of Manhattan U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman.

"The House Judiciary Committee will immediately open an investigation into this incident, as part of our broader investigation into Barr’s unacceptable politicization of the Department of Justice," the New York Democrat said in a statement Saturday.

Berman, whose office has been conducting investigations into Trump associates, was fired by President Trump on Saturday after a late-Friday standoff with Attorney General William Barr. The attorney general said Deputy U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss would become the acting U.S. attorney until Berman’s successor is in place.

“Unfortunately, with your statement of last night, you have chosen public spectacle over public service,” Barr said of Berman in a letter. “Because you have declared that you have no intention of resigning, I have asked the President to remove you as of today, and he has done so.”

Nadler also has invited Berman to testify on Barr’s “improper politicization” of the Justice Department at a hearing scheduled for Wednesday.

“America is right to expect the worst of Bill Barr, who has repeatedly interfered in criminal investigations on Trump’s behalf. We have a hearing on this topic on Wednesday. We welcome Mr. Berman’s testimony and will invite him to testify,” Nadler tweeted Friday night.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jerry-nadler-will-immediately-open-investigation-into-trump-firing-of-manhattan-us-attorney
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Bring it, Nadleroo!

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am positive he is only doing this because of his vast love and respect for the law. It just breaks his heart that any politician would try to take short cuts or be less than 100 percent honest and forthright.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bring it, you fat f**k.  You did so well in the Impeachment.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

Do they think people haven’t noticed that the democrats have been on a four year witch-hunt, and that this stunt is only the latest?

This is fantastic! Congressional democrats’ naked vendetta against President Trump just may be the gift that keeps on giving and the most effective unpaid campaign re-election advertising Trump has. Kudos go out to Jerry “The Jerk” Nadler. You go, guy!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Do they think people haven’t noticed that the democrats have been on a four year witch-hunt, and that this stunt is only the latest?

This is fantastic! Congressional democrats’ naked vendetta against President Trump just may be the gift that keeps on giving and the most effective unpaid campaign re-election advertising Trump has. Kudos go out to Jerry “The Jerk” Nadler. You go, guy!

The Democrats are listening to the same people they always do, and it's leading them right into their sewer.  They think every attack gets them new voters, because Chuck Todd tells them so.  They simply are not equipped to understand how it's pushing people away.  If there is one thing most people understand when they see it, it's unfair play.

They are utterly clueless.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@aligncare

Yes,and they are right. Only political junkies like us are paying attention to national politics at this point.

The typical "I will probably vote in the next Presidential election" voter only pays attention to politics maybe 30 days every 4 years. Even then a lot of them vote for a candidate because they think he is hot,or his family is hot.

Almost all of the political back and forth that is going on now is akin to "insider baseball". So boring nobody knows,or cares to know about it.

Offline aligncare

@aligncare

Yes,and they are right. Only political junkies like us are paying attention to national politics at this point.

The typical "I will probably vote in the next Presidential election" voter only pays attention to politics maybe 30 days every 4 years. Even then a lot of them vote for a candidate because they think he is hot,or his family is hot.

Almost all of the political back and forth that is going on now is akin to "insider baseball". So boring nobody knows,or cares to know about it.

No, I can’t agree here. These aren’t normal times. Too many weird things been happening. People are stuck home under lockdown, they’re watching news for updates and out of boredom, riots are scaring suburban moms and dads and all they see is Nancy and Chucky virtue signaling and along with democrat governors doing nothing about it.

People are looking for leadership, some law and order and they know who’s been sticking up for the cops and it ain’t been the democrats, it’s been Trump.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, I can’t agree here. These aren’t normal times. Too many weird things been happening. People are stuck home under lockdown, they’re watching news for updates and out of boredom, riots are scaring suburban moms and dads and all they see is Nancy and Chucky virtue signaling and along with democrat governors doing nothing about it.

People are looking for leadership, some law and order and they know who’s been sticking up for the cops and it ain’t been the democrats, it’s been Trump.

@aligncare

You may be right. In fact,I hope you are.

Experience has taught me to be cynical,though.