Author Topic: Atlanta Police Walk Out After District Attorney Charges Former Officer With Murder  (Read 1683 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Atlanta Police Walk Out After District Attorney Charges Former Officer With Murder
Bronson Stocking

Posted: Jun 17, 2020 9:40 PM

Cops are fighting back after a district attorney charged former officer Garrett Rolfe and officer Devin Brosnan over the shooting of Rayshard Brooks. The Democratic district attorney of Fulton County, Paul Howard, gave a bewildering press conference on Wednesday in which he announced a felony murder charge against Rolfe. If convicted, Rolfe faces a possible death sentence. At the press conference, the district attorney nitpicked the officers who were attacked while mischaracterizing the violent suspect as "not a threat" and "almost jovial" in his interaction with police.

Officers have reportedly stopped answering 911 calls, turned in their keys and failed to show up to their shifts.

Johnny (Joey) Jones
✔
@Johnny_Joey

Text from APD officer:

“I can confirm the walk-off is real. Whole shifts have left and overnight shifts are refusing to come in”
7:21 PM - Jun 17, 2020

SETH WEATHERS
✔
@sethweathers

CONFIRMED:

Source confirms Atlanta PD zones 3 & 6 (southeast area) already have 20 - 30 cops walk out

That’s HALF an entire shift

More updates to follow #RayshardBrooks #Atlanta

toddstarnes
✔
@toddstarnes

BREAKING NEWS: Georgia police sources tell me only two police precincts are staffed in the entire city of Atlanta. Entire zones of officers are walking off the job. Zones 1,3,5 and 6 have left their posts. Zones walking off the job. #BlueLivesMatter
8:00 PM - Jun 17, 2020

Atlanta Democratic Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, a potential Biden running mate, is reportedly scrambling to replace officers who have walked away from their shifts.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/06/17/atlanta-cops-walk-out-after-district-attorneys-baffling-press-conference-n2570860
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Scrambling to replace officers .... soon coming to most cities in the U.S.A.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hey! this is the same tactic used to demoralize troops. Make the rules of engagement ridiculous and one sided against the 'troops' in the field, and prosecute them if the troops are effective.

It worked there, to some extent, now it's working with the police.

Want to bet that a significant number of the pols in Atlanta couldn't pass a drug panel (urine/blood test) on Sunday Morning? 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Atlanta Police Walk Out After District Attorney Charges Former Officer With Murder
Bronson Stocking

I don't blame theM one bit! In fact, I fully support this.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

If you live in Atlanta you'd better dang sure be armed.  If I were a police officer I'd do the same though.....

Offline Victoria33

Hey! this is the same tactic used to demoralize troops. Make the rules of engagement ridiculous and one sided against the 'troops' in the field, and prosecute them if the troops are effective.   It worked there, to some extent, now it's working with the police.
Want to bet that a significant number of the pols in Atlanta couldn't pass a drug panel (urine/blood test) on Sunday Morning?
@Smokin Joe

Heard the woman Mayor of Atlanta speak tonight.  She said there were enough officers on duty tonight as some are working a long shift to keep the numbers up but she did not know what would happen tomorrow, whether or not there would be enough officers.  She said there were surrounding areas who would send officers there if Atlanta needed them.

Maybe that will work for a few days, but something has to give to keep officer count up.

Offline Idiot

@Smokin Joe

Heard the woman Mayor of Atlanta speak tonight.  She said there were enough officers on duty tonight as some are working a long shift to keep the numbers up but she did not know what would happen tomorrow, whether or not there would be enough officers.  She said there were surrounding areas who would send officers there if Atlanta needed them.

Maybe that will work for a few days, but something has to give to keep officer count up.
I was keeping up with what is going on tonight.  According to what I read, surrounding departments REFUSE to send in officers to Atlanta.  Also, Atlanta basically has NO POLICE on patrol tonight.  Need to go shopping?  happy77

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I don't blame theM one bit! In fact, I fully support this.

I support this 100% too. 

I also think there needs to be an effort to hire displaced cops to small / medium towns and cities in support.  I don't mind paying more taxes in this kind of situation.  Because we might need it, when the thuggery finishes off the big cities, and starts venturing out.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 03:27:17 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Let Bottoms and Howard answer the 911 calls.

God help the good citizens who may need the cops tonight. Buy a gun.

Online Hoodat

GBI opens probe of Fulton DA Paul Howard over use of nonprofit funds

Bill Rankin, AJC.  |   Monday, May 04, 2020 @ 5:58 PM

The GBI has opened an investigation of Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard and his use of a nonprofit to funnel at least $140,000 in city of Atlanta funds to supplement his salary, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Channel 2 Action News have learned.

The criminal investigation comes at a time when Howard, Fulton’s DA since 1997, is being challenged in the Democratic primary for reelection and is facing allegations of sexual harassment, which he strongly denies.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/gbi-opens-probe-fulton-paul-howard-over-use-nonprofit-funds/cgSq6UgzmHbCfGNJcxMJ6O/amp.html

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Nonprofit meant to stem gang violence used to pay Fulton DA

Bill Rankin   |   April 09, 2020

District Attorney Paul Howard has headed a nonprofit with a laudable mission: reduce youth violence.

But Howard has used the nonprofit, People Partnering for Progress, as a conduit to receive tens of thousands of dollars to supplement the six-figure salary he gets from the state and county for being district attorney, an investigation by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Channel 2 Action News has found.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/nonprofit-meant-stem-gang-violence-used-pay-fulton/2R2GzLNG6K4Ecj83Fz7fzH/

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

Nonprofit meant to stem gang violence used to pay Fulton DA

Bill Rankin   |   April 09, 2020

District Attorney Paul Howard has headed a nonprofit with a laudable mission: reduce youth violence.

But Howard has used the nonprofit, People Partnering for Progress, as a conduit to receive tens of thousands of dollars to supplement the six-figure salary he gets from the state and county for being district attorney, an investigation by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Channel 2 Action News has found.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/nonprofit-meant-stem-gang-violence-used-pay-fulton/2R2GzLNG6K4Ecj83Fz7fzH/
Being a SJW is the best way to avoid the consequences of being a corrupt POS.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Atlanta Democratic Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, a potential Biden running mate, is reportedly scrambling to replace officers who have walked away from their shifts."

Bye bye to her chances at bein' hidin' Biden's VP.

Atlas Shrugs in Atlanta.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I hope 9/10ths of the officers walk off and leave that hellhole in the south.

Quote from Gone w/ the Wind... Quote: "I wouldn't be in such a hurry to see them go if I were you. With them goes the last semblance of law and order."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 05:05:15 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online roamer_1

God bless em. Says a lot about the accused officers when the rank and file stands down and stands up against admin... And even more when surrounding environs refuse the call to aid.

Offline dancer

Ryan Fournier
@RyanAFournier
·
21m
I’ve just been told that one Atlanta police station has around 2 officers in it, and they abandoned it.

Protesters are descending upon that station now.

Offline dancer

toddstarnes
✔
@toddstarnes
BREAKING NEWS: Georgia police sources tell me only two police precincts are staffed in the entire city of Atlanta. Entire zones of officers are walking off the job. Zones 1,3,5 and 6 have left their posts. Zones walking off the job. #BlueLivesMatter

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Atlanta police call in sick to protest felony murder charge of officer who shot Rayshard Brooks
By J. Edward Moreno - 06/18/20 09:28 AM EDT

Several Atlanta Police officers have called in sick after a fired officer was charged with felony murder for fatally shooting a man in the back.

It’s unclear how many officers called in sick or didn’t show up to their shift Wednesday evening. The Atlanta Police Department said that it was experiencing a “higher than usual number” of call-ins, but quelled rumors that multiple officers walked out during their shift.

“We do have enough officers to cover us through the night,” Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) told CNN Wednesday. “Our streets won’t be any less safe because of the number of officers who called out.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/503347-atlanta-police-call-in-sick-to-protest-felony-murder-charge-of-officer
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Atlanta police call in sick to protest felony murder charge of officer who shot Rayshard Brooks
By J. Edward Moreno - 06/18/20 09:28 AM EDT

MSM is dismissing it all as rumour and heresay.
Last night it was reported that one police district had zero scanner traffic for hours.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

i have friends -- husband and wife -- who live in Atlanta.  Yesterday, the wife emailed to say she and hubby were headed to their vacation cottage -- don't know where, but far away from Atlanta, she said.  I hope they made it.  Tried to reach the wife just now, but cell and internet service around the cottage is iffy.  Looks like they were smart to leave town.

Offline Idiot

On the news this morning they confirmed the walk out by police, but wouldn't confirm the number of walk outs. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This is what happens when you dare a cop to risk his life and liberty for your politics.   Looks like Atlanta may be the poster child for the Dems' vision of a police-less city.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is what happens when you dare a cop to risk his life and liberty for your politics.   Looks like Atlanta may be the poster child for the Dems' vision of a police-less city.

The Mayor and DA are getting exactly what they asked for, good and hard.  I feel sorry for the GOP voters in Atlanta, they likely did not vote for this trip to Hell in a handbasket.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: