Author Topic: Breaking: Full Bodycam Video Revealed!  (Read 2124 times)

Offline berdie

Re: Breaking: Full Bodycam Video Revealed!
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2020, 08:30:33 pm »
@berdie

I probably lived a far different life than most of you in the 50's and 60's.

I was riding homebuilt Harley "choppers" back in the late 60's to into the mid-80's,and my back got so bad I could no longer raise my leg up high enough to get on it. Still have my last one parked in my shop,though. NEVER give up on a dream. NEVER.

I have had cops stop me at gunpoint and search me on "suspicion of being suspicious". I have had them stop me and search my truck,and steal money from the glove box and then laugh at me and tell me I had better be leaving or they would arrest me.

I once had a cop in a small town in Tn stop me for "suspicion of being suspicious" because he wanted to,and then locked me up in jail for the weekend on suspicion of car theft" because I didn't have a title in my name for the 1934 Plymouth I was towing behind me that I had just bought in Nevada,and had a notarized bill of sale for. Mysteriously enough,both the 34 Plymouth and the tool box out of the back of my tow vehicle were missing when they were forced to release me Monday morning or file formal charges. The police impound guys response was "What Plymouth and tool box? I don't remember ever seeing either.",followed by the cop threatening to arrest me for vagrancy if I wasn't out of town in 30 minutes. This,on top of stealing all the cash out of my wallet. If I hadn't filled up shortly before he stopped me,I would have been screwed. I was still in the army then,had just returned from 2+ years on Okinawa,and had to report into Ft.Bragg in less than a week,so I had no choice but to bite my lip and leave. The cop was wearing MP brass on his tie,and had seen my orders,so he knew I had to be at Bragg or face court-martial. Also,my dress greens were hanging in the car in plain sight.

I did make plans to kill that SOB in a couple of years when I wouldn't be remembered,though. When I got to the point maybe 4 years later that I started to check him out,I found out he had been arrested in a State Police sting,and had been sentenced to prison with some serious time for robbing out of state travelers,so I had to let him slide. The story I heard was he made the mistake of pulling that crap on the nephew of a powerful state judge from another state.

And don't get me started on the Denver cops. If I had remained out there another 2 years,I would have probably been sniping at them from roof tops.

Thanks for your reply @sneakypete . It helps me understand your opinion and point of view. I hope you were able to get your Plymouth back at some time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Breaking: Full Bodycam Video Revealed!
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2020, 11:17:51 pm »

Thanks for your reply @sneakypete . It helps me understand your opinion and point of view. I hope you were able to get your Plymouth back at some time.

@berdie

I am fairly certain it was beat to death on the dirt stock car tracks in that area. Had a Olds V-8 engine in it and was on a custom frame with torsion bar suspension. I got the title in the mail a month or so later,and still have it in my document box. It's gone forever,though. This was late 1967. 4 months later I was on my way to VN,and didn't leave VN until Nov of 69.

Lost all the details I had on him in a house fire. All I can remember now is his first name was Bill,so unless he self-identifies to me,he is safe. I have no idea where he now lives,but I seriously doubt he went back to his home town because he took a few locals down with him when he was arrested.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!