Author Topic: Breaking: Full Bodycam Video Revealed!  (Read 2114 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Breaking: Full Bodycam Video Revealed!
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2020, 08:52:11 pm »
Especially in today's climate. I don't know about other states, but around here if you are in a car passed out, you are going to jail. Randy Travis was passed out in a church parking lot in his car. Guess what...he went to jail.

Yep. Here too. A friend of mine got some kind of 'drunk in public' thing just walking home. Cost him 5 grand by the time it was done, and wrecked his car insurance in spite of the bare fact that he left his car home on purpose knowing he was going drinking... More or less the same thing as a dui in severity.

The thing that confounds me is...when it become acceptable to flee police or attack them...and then become a victim. A rhetorical question only.

Yeah, makes no sense to me either.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2020, 09:29:08 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
@roamer_1

Okay...I concede that you're both 100% correct, as hindsight is always 20/20.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2020, 09:51:27 pm »
We don’t pay police officers to be something other than human. In general, as a human with a functioning survival mechanism I’d like to see critics second guess themselves, be honest and ask yourself if you’d hesitate
to shoot, even for a few seconds, as the suspect is in the process of running away, stops and turns, and raises his arms in a firing gesture towards you.

The closest I come to having fire directed at me was in Vietnam in my first few days in country, asleep in my bunk, 3:00 AM when incoming VC rockets started hitting personnel barracks. By the time I was oriented and made it to the bunker, I was, to put it kindly, in extreme anxiety.

My point is you simply don’t know what fearing for your life feels like and what you would do in that case.

My mantra in these cop-involved killings has always been to refrain from second guessing the police and lay off branding the officer or making conclusions until all the datum is out.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2020, 10:03:38 pm »

Instead...the officer's backup, who was more than 90 feet away when he turned and pointed the taser at the officer, shot him TWICE in the BACK...knowing full-damned well it was a taser and not a handgun.

That's my position and I'm comfortable with it.   :patriot:
@DCPatriot
Incorrect.  i just watched the entire hour and 40min vid. The cop farther away has long Sleeves on.  The cop who pulled the trigger after being shot (at) with the taser has short sleeves.  And despite yours and @sneakypete protests, pointing an officers taser at a cop does Justify deadly force in every state in the union IIRC.  (Because you can incapacitate the officer and then take his service weapon)

Resist arrest
Fight with both officers
Take one officers taser
Flee
Discharge the taser at a pursuing officer
Officer the taser was discharged at fires 3x hitting twice.

All of those are utterly indisputable facts from the video evidence .

Like so many of these:   Avoidable and tragic, but good shoot.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 11:25:32 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2020, 10:48:42 pm »
Good police job. Respectful (almost sickening respectful) and protected themselves. If that black fellow had pulled a gun (he was not frisked) odds are another police officer would of been dead (or two). I wouldn't want to risk being tazed and the perp come back and take my gun too.

Sad, but no tears here. Would say the same no matter the perp color.

Also, those suggesting leaving a drunk in a parking spot who does not even know the freaking town he is in are 180 degrees off from my reasoning. That perp wakes up and drives off an hour later and could kill good folks (including my family). Nope, get the DUI off our streets and stop kid gloving them.

P.S. Anyone taking bets that there was more than alcohol in his system (how many different drinks did that liar change his story to say?).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 10:51:19 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2020, 03:55:38 am »
1. The officers' lives were put at risk when Brooks grabbed the Taser. Then at least one officer's life was put at risk when Brooks fired the Taser, which could have disabled the officer and allowed Brooks to take his service weapon.

2. WRT the public, the actions above plus Brooks' violent resistance all proved that Brooks was a danger to the public.

3. The shooting was justified.

@PeteS in CA

You are either a cop,a former cop,or  have a relative that is a cop.

There is no other explanation for such blindness.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2020, 03:58:06 am »
I wonder how many dead cops who hesitate before firing to defend themselves must we endure to end the lunacy of restricting the ability of a policeman to end the violence initiated by not him but the criminal?
@IsailedawayfromFR

Dry the crocodile tears. The freaking cops were wearing bulletproof vests and were shot at by a freaking tazer that missed. The cop didn't even shoot him until the tazer had fired and missed,and was unusable.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2020, 01:06:08 pm »
Victor Davis Hanson and Tucker Carlson on Atlanta Police Shooting and How the Cultural Revolution May End

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2020, 01:53:45 pm »
Victor Davis Hanson and Tucker Carlson on Atlanta Police Shooting and How the Cultural Revolution May End

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The late Mr Rayshard was on probation for felony cruelty to children, among a dozen other offenses.

Obviously he wasn't interested in being rebooked into the graybar motel.

Let the rats make him another poster child.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2020, 02:55:50 pm »
The late Mr Rayshard was on probation for felony cruelty to children, among a dozen other offenses.

@skeeter

No wonder he is so highly admired by the blacks and their leftist masters.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2020, 03:37:39 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Dry the crocodile tears. The freaking cops were wearing bulletproof vests and were shot at by a freaking tazer that missed. The cop didn't even shoot him until the tazer had fired and missed,and was unusable.

The cops didn’t get the chance to pat him down for weapons before the perp slugged them and bolted, so they had no way of knowing what the perp pointed at them wasn’t a gun.

I suppose instead of shooting they could’ve thought to just stand there like Superman and let the bullets bounce off their vests. Yeah, that could’ve worked. Sure, that would’ve been the ticket.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2020, 03:44:50 pm »

The cops didn’t get the chance to pat him down for weapons before the perp slugged them and bolted, so they had no way of knowing what the perp pointed at them wasn’t a gun.

@aligncare 

Are you saying they couldn't trust their lying eyes? The dead man was in plain sight with lights shining on him the whole time,and you can clearly see both his hands at all times.

Besides,are we supposed to REALLY believe 2 cops where holding him,talking with him,and giving him sobriety tests for about a half-hour,and NEITHER of them patted him down for weapons?

SERIOUSLY?

What is Santa going to bring you this year?

The cop was embarrassed,mad,and afraid of getting disciplined for "allowing" a perp to take his stun gun,so he just shot the guy without even thinking about it.

I suppose instead of shooting they could’ve thought to just stand there like Superman and let the bullets bounce off their vests. Yeah, that could’ve worked. Sure, that would’ve been the ticket.

When did you become a drama queen?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2020, 03:48:10 pm »
@aligncare 

Are you saying they couldn't trust their lying eyes? The dead man was in plain sight with lights shining on him the whole time,and you can clearly see both his hands at all times.

Besides,are we supposed to REALLY believe 2 cops where holding him,talking with him,and giving him sobriety tests for about a half-hour,and NEITHER of them patted him down for weapons?

SERIOUSLY?

The cop was embarrassed,mad,and afraid of getting disciplined for "allowing" a perp to take his stun gun,so he just shot the guy without even thinking about it.

Not fair, so I’ll do you one: when did you join BLM?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2020, 05:25:48 pm »
@aligncare 

SERIOUSLY?

We know your mind is already made up.

So why not wait for the investigation that will come that includes all aspects of what transpired?

Or do you believe that is unnecessary and the officers should go ahead and be shot and disposed of right now?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2020, 05:58:37 pm »
Not fair, so I’ll do you one: when did you join BLM?

@aligncare

LOL! So now it's ok for white people to play the skin color game?

Something is right or it is wrong based on the details of what happened,not who was involved or any other irrelevant fact.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2020, 06:02:49 pm »
We know your mind is already made up.

So why not wait for the investigation that will come that includes all aspects of what transpired?

Or do you believe that is unnecessary and the officers should go ahead and be shot and disposed of right now?

@IsailedawayfromFR

Works for me,so why doesn't it work for you knee-jerk pro-cop people?

All of you kneejerk pro-cop people have lived sheltered lives if you think even a large percentage of them are any better than the people they justifiably arrest.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2020, 07:59:06 pm »
@aligncare

LOL! So now it's ok for white people to play the skin color game?

Something is right or it is wrong based on the details of what happened,not who was involved or any other irrelevant fact.

Bull, I doubt a person here other than you would say that if the perp was white and the police black that this wasn't a justified shooting. I know each of my kids have had the talk with me on how to behave when a police officer pulls them over. With respect and you usually will walk away with nothing but a warning. My eldest son has been pulled over 5 times in the past 3 weeks. Why, because he is missing a headlight (socket completely gone) due to a black fellow running a red light and hitting him. He is waiting on his insurance to finally come through and fix it. He open carries (has his license to carry) and he has zero problems with the police. Zero problems every time. Treat the police with respect, go home safe (and he has made friends with one of them).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline berdie

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2020, 09:05:26 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Works for me,so why doesn't it work for you knee-jerk pro-cop people?

All of you kneejerk pro-cop people have lived sheltered lives if you think even a large percentage of them are any better than the people they justifiably arrest.

Pro-cop? Really? So you don't think that all people deserve due process? "a large percentage of them are any better than the people the justifiably.

I enjoy your posts but you are confusin' the heck out of me. :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2020, 11:09:53 pm »
Bull, I doubt a person here other than you would say that if the perp was white and the police black that this wasn't a justified shooting. I know each of my kids have had the talk with me on how to behave when a police officer pulls them over. With respect and you usually will walk away with nothing but a warning. My eldest son has been pulled over 5 times in the past 3 weeks. Why, because he is missing a headlight (socket completely gone) due to a black fellow running a red light and hitting him. He is waiting on his insurance to finally come through and fix it. He open carries (has his license to carry) and he has zero problems with the police. Zero problems every time. Treat the police with respect, go home safe (and he has made friends with one of them).

@Sighlass

There can be no question that goober started the ball rolling by physically attacking the cops,but I saw nothing he did that justified killing him.

Cops are supposed to be pros with sound judgement,not hormone-propelled teens.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2020, 11:23:51 pm »

Pro-cop? Really? So you don't think that all people deserve due process? "a large percentage of them are any better than the people the justifiably.

I enjoy your posts but you are confusin' the heck out of me. :shrug:

@berdie

I probably lived a far different life than most of you in the 50's and 60's.

I was riding homebuilt Harley "choppers" back in the late 60's to into the mid-80's,and my back got so bad I could no longer raise my leg up high enough to get on it. Still have my last one parked in my shop,though. NEVER give up on a dream. NEVER.

I have had cops stop me at gunpoint and search me on "suspicion of being suspicious". I have had them stop me and search my truck,and steal money from the glove box and then laugh at me and tell me I had better be leaving or they would arrest me.

I once had a cop in a small town in Tn stop me for "suspicion of being suspicious" because he wanted to,and then locked me up in jail for the weekend on suspicion of car theft" because I didn't have a title in my name for the 1934 Plymouth I was towing behind me that I had just bought in Nevada,and had a notarized bill of sale for. Mysteriously enough,both the 34 Plymouth and the tool box out of the back of my tow vehicle were missing when they were forced to release me Monday morning or file formal charges. The police impound guys response was "What Plymouth and tool box? I don't remember ever seeing either.",followed by the cop threatening to arrest me for vagrancy if I wasn't out of town in 30 minutes. This,on top of stealing all the cash out of my wallet. If I hadn't filled up shortly before he stopped me,I would have been screwed. I was still in the army then,had just returned from 2+ years on Okinawa,and had to report into Ft.Bragg in less than a week,so I had no choice but to bite my lip and leave. The cop was wearing MP brass on his tie,and had seen my orders,so he knew I had to be at Bragg or face court-martial. Also,my dress greens were hanging in the car in plain sight.

I did make plans to kill that SOB in a couple of years when I wouldn't be remembered,though. When I got to the point maybe 4 years later that I started to check him out,I found out he had been arrested in a State Police sting,and had been sentenced to prison with some serious time for robbing out of state travelers,so I had to let him slide. The story I heard was he made the mistake of pulling that crap on the nephew of a powerful state judge from another state.

And don't get me started on the Denver cops. If I had remained out there another 2 years,I would have probably been sniping at them from roof tops.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 11:29:27 pm by sneakypete »

Offline verga

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2020, 12:32:47 pm »

I understand your point, @Right_in_Virginia   Honestly.

But, did you listen to the entire taped conversation from the initial contact with deceased?  It was extremely cordial and professional.

This officer's mind was already made up that he was going to arrest him.

All they had to do was direct him out of the drive-thru lane or move the damned car themselves...let him sleep in the [rented] car.

Or, they could have even driven him to his motel, only ONE block away.

Instead...the officer's backup, who was more than 90 feet away when he turned and pointed the taser at the officer, shot him TWICE in the BACK...knowing full-damned well it was a taser and not a handgun.

That's my position and I'm comfortable with it.   :patriot:
Here is the problem with part of your idea: Lets say they move the car out of the way. Short time later he wakes up and thinks it's a good idea to drive home. If he gets in an accident and kills or injures someone, or is killed himself. Guess who is going to get sued. He was driving under the influence after being a COVID release. He had a sentence of 7 years for beating his kids. HE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN OUT.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2020, 12:47:23 pm »
@Sighlass

There can be no question that goober started the ball rolling by physically attacking the cops,but I saw nothing he did that justified killing him.

Cops are supposed to be pros with sound judgement,not hormone-propelled teens.
We already know you have already pronounced judgment on the cops, unlike some others who for some reason believe there is a judicial process to handle rogue cops.

Oh, and there is this.  Georgia Sheriff: Rayshard Brooks' Shooting 'Completely Justifiable'
https://www.newsmax.com/us/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-shooting-sheriff/2020/06/16/id/972536/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2020, 01:18:33 pm »
Atlanta officer who shot Rayshard Brooks previously disciplined for firearm incident
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/atlanta-officer-who-shot-rayshard-brooks-previously-disciplined-for-firearm-incident
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mod2

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2020, 01:23:24 pm »
TBR members are not the topic of this thread.   :im waiting:

Offline verga

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2020, 07:03:23 pm »
We already know you have already pronounced judgment on the cops, unlike some others who for some reason believe there is a judicial process to handle rogue cops.

Oh, and there is this.  Georgia Sheriff: Rayshard Brooks' Shooting 'Completely Justifiable'
https://www.newsmax.com/us/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-shooting-sheriff/2020/06/16/id/972536/
Personally I think he has legitimate wrongful termination case against them. I think someone like Dershowitz would have a field day with this.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.