Author Topic: White Women, I’m Glad You’re Showing Up. But I’m Not Sure I Trust You Just Yet.  (Read 231 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/voices/white-women-im-glad-youre-showing-up-but-im-not-sure-i-trust-you-just-yet/ar-BB1523Em?ocid=spartandhp

by Laura Cathcart Robbins
June 4, 2020

With a few exceptions, these white people were resistant to discussing the real causes of our civil unrest with me: slavery, lynchings, Jim Crow, segregation, the war on drugs, police violence against Black men, systemic racism, privatized prisons, etc. But they were annoyingly vocal in their support for the “real” victim, Reginald Denny, the white truck driver who was ripped from the cab of his truck at Florence and Normandy and beaten nearly to death during the riots.

For more than a month, Los Angeles was divided in an insurmountable way. And during that time, I felt like some of my white friends showed me who they really were. I was drowning in a sea of outrage and sorrow, and bitter about the fact that some people were unwilling to join me in it. I felt especially betrayed by white women, as I know how powerful their sway is. When they have a cause, they take over the stage. And they do not stop until they have been heard by everyone who has ever mattered.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Posted as an illustration of hypocrisy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

At least the writer isn't 'divisive' like Trump.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Gee, I have a remarkable coincidence to report....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This woman is so steeped in her chump punk blackness that she somes off as a supremacist.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

Yeah... Here it comes....

"While you're down there..."