Author Topic: Director of Female Ghostbusters Suggests Racist, Sexist Trump Fans Killed His Movie  (Read 317 times)

rangerrebew

Director of Female Ghostbusters Suggests Racist, Sexist Trump Fans Killed His Movie

newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/christian-toto/2020/05/30/director-female-ghostbusters-suggests-racist-sexist-trump-fans
Christian Toto May 30th, 2020 1:30 PM

The 2016 Ghostbusters reboot set an ugly pop culture template.

Suddenly, to merely dislike a female-centric film made one a sexist if not an outright bully. That media narrative took hold during the rollout for the anticipated film, the biggest gender swap project to date.

Since then, similar themes have greeted the release of Birds of Prey, Charlie’s Angels and Captain Marvel.

Sony, the studio behind Ghostbusters, endorsed that narrative. A Sony top executive had a simple, profane message for the film’s early naysaye

https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/q3Tywp

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Director of Female Ghostbusters Suggests Racist, Sexist Trump Fans Killed His Movie

newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/christian-toto/2020/05/30/director-female-ghostbusters-suggests-racist-sexist-trump-fans
Christian Toto May 30th, 2020 1:30 PM

The 2016 Ghostbusters reboot set an ugly pop culture template.

Suddenly, to merely dislike a female-centric film made one a sexist if not an outright bully. That media narrative took hold during the rollout for the anticipated film, the biggest gender swap project to date.

Since then, similar themes have greeted the release of Birds of Prey, Charlie’s Angels and Captain Marvel.

Sony, the studio behind Ghostbusters, endorsed that narrative. A Sony top executive had a simple, profane message for the film’s early naysaye

https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/q3Tywp

:silly:

Not withstanding 95% of the film critics are left wing, did she read those reviews?  kinda well......   you get the message. 

Folks, white racism is getting ready to be blamed for absolutley everything. Keep your powder dry.

When you do remakes or sequels ,the original is always the template.  What constitutes a piece of shit of a movie is being held up against the comic genius of Harold Ramis and Bill Murray in their prime.  What a stupid thing for that director to say.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 04:46:55 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
The Critical Drinker reviews Ghostbusters 2016 (warning: language)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Let it burn.

Offline aligncare

Yet another post Hollywood’s golden-age-of-film movie to eschew.

There’s crap, then there’s pure crap. This one looks to be in the second category.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The Critical Drinker reviews Ghostbusters 2016 (warning: language)

What a hoot.  Sad that there is a  review  10X funnier than a movie that is supposed to be comedy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
What a hoot.  Sad that there is a  review  10X funnier than a movie that is supposed to be comedy.

The Drinker's reviews are generally pretty funny, while also being insightful, valid criticism of the subject he's reviewing. I've found myself watching a lot of similar stuff on YouTube since the viral shutdown started.
Let it burn.