Author Topic: GOP shifting on unemployment benefits as jobless numbers swell  (Read 213 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP shifting on unemployment benefits as jobless numbers swell
By Alexander Bolton - 06/04/20 06:00 AM EDT

Faced with staggering unemployment numbers that are likely to remain elevated through the election, Senate Republicans are reversing their positions on ending a federal increase of state unemployment benefits after July.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) vowed in a conference call with House Republicans last month that Senate Republicans would block the $600 weekly boost to state unemployment benefits from the federal government.

Also last month, GOP senators involved in planning for a phase four coronavirus relief bill said there was overwhelming support for entirely ending the federal enhancement of state unemployment benefits.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/501035-gop-shifting-on-unemployment-benefits-as-jobless-numbers-swell
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: GOP shifting on unemployment benefits as jobless numbers swell
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 12:46:11 am »
All they have to do is have the goobernors open their states back up and all of those not put out of work by the rioters and looters can get their butts off of unemployment, I hated it when I didn't have a job................still do, even though I can't work. Also they need to identify every single one of these rioters and strip them of any extra benefits they are receiveing.