Author Topic: Virginia governor to announce removal of Lee statue  (Read 370 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Virginia governor to announce removal of Lee statue
« on: June 03, 2020, 11:43:48 pm »

FILE – This Tuesday, June 2, 2020 file photo shows a large group of protesters gather around the statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee on Monument Avenue near downtown in Richmond, Va. Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam is expected to announce plans Thursday for the removal of an iconic statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee from Richmond’s prominent Monument Avenue. (AP Photo/Steve Helber, File)

by: ALAN SUDERMAN and SARAH RANKIN Associated Press
Posted: Jun 3, 2020 / 05:26 PM EDT   / Updated: Jun 3, 2020 / 05:41 PM EDT   

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) – Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam is expected to announce plans Thursday for the removal of an iconic statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee from Richmond’s prominent Monument Avenue.

A senior administration official told The Associated Press that the governor will direct the statue to be moved off its massive pedestal and put into storage while his administration seeks input on a new location.

The move comes amid turmoil across the nation and around the world over the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a Minneapolis officer pressed his knee into Floyd’s neck for several minutes, even after he stopped moving.

https://www.wspa.com/news/virginia-governor-to-announce-removal-of-lee-statue/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Virginia governor to announce removal of Lee statue
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 12:19:23 am »
Because Gen. Lee is so offensive, dontcha know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 12:25:39 am »
Since Arlington National Cemetery was Lee's plantation we should tear it all up and sell it to real estate developers.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 04:36:37 am »
Unnecessary pandering on the play! Ten yards and loss of down.

Maybe if he had spelled his name "Li" Northam would defend the history of the state.

What's next, tear down Stratford Hall?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 04:56:18 am »
@#@$@#%#^#    %^$^%*#%@  !!!!!

And those were the nice words......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 05:01:29 am »
@#@$@#%#^#    %^$^%*#%@  !!!!!

And those were the nice words......
I have no nice words for that sonofabitch.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis