Author Topic: ‘American history isn’t a fairy tale’: Biden blasts Trump ‘hate’ in somber campaign speech  (Read 193 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘American history isn’t a fairy tale’: Biden blasts Trump ‘hate’ in somber campaign speech
by Emily Larsen
 | June 02, 2020 12:27 PM

No longer confined to the basement in his Delaware home due to coronavirus shutdowns, Joe Biden delivered a somber, angry rebuttal to President Trump at Philadelphia City Hall, in the city that houses his campaign headquarters and where the United States was born.

The former vice president and presumptive Democratic presidential nominee opened the Tuesday address with "I can't breathe," the dying words of George Floyd, the black Minneapolis man who died after a white police officer held a knee on his neck and whose death sparked nationwide protests over police brutality and racial tensions. Biden called on Congress to take up police reform legislation.

But he shifted the campaign speech to highlight the choice between himself and Trump, mocking the president for not reading the Bible at a photo op in front of the historic St. John's Episcopal Church — "I just wish he'd open it every once in awhile" – and asserting that Trump "is part of the problem and accelerates it."

"I wish I could say that hate began with Donald Trump and will end with him," Biden said of racial tensions and unrest. "It didn't, and it won't. American history isn't a fairy tale with a guaranteed happy ending."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/american-history-isnt-a-fairy-tale-biden-blasts-trump-hate-in-somber-campaign-speech
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34