Author Topic: House Republicans voice optimism on winning back the House following special election victories  (Read 330 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Republicans voice optimism on winning back the House following special election victories
By Juliegrace Brufke - 05/23/20 10:37 AM EDT

Coming on the heels of two special election wins, House Republicans are feeling a new sense of optimism about their odds of taking back control of the lower chamber, with National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) Chairman Tom Emmer (R-Minn.) saying he feels the House is more than just in play.

While independent political forecasters have largely projected that Republicans face a steep uphill climb to win back the majority — citing the number of retirements, and the number of seats that flipped in the midterms and the fact that Democrats have a cash advantage — top GOP lawmakers say Rep. Mike Garcia's (R-Calif.) victory over Democrat Christy Smith in a competitive swing district indicates political analysts may be underestimating the party’s momentum.

“The Garcia election in Los Angeles I think was a wake-up call to all the skeptics out there that in the middle of all of these difficult challenges, a Republican just flipped a seat in the suburbs of L.A. [Los Angeles], and that hasn’t been done in 22 years,” House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) told The Hill.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/499291-house-republicans-voice-optimism-on-winning-back-the-house-following-special
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Garcia is a super strong candidate.

Several CA districts recently flipped from gop to dem, won't be as  easy since Mike Garcia types don't come often.

My district flipped from gop to dem in 2018 and right now I expect the dem is strong enough to hold off the gop challenger; hope I am wrong.

Go--GOP
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Too early yet to tell...

Offline libertybele

Too early yet to tell...

Exactly.  Mid October we should have a pretty good feel for whether or not the GOP will maintain the Senate and take the House.