Author Topic: Ex-Trump Lawyer Cohen to Be Released From Prison  (Read 328 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Ex-Trump Lawyer Cohen to Be Released From Prison
« on: May 21, 2020, 12:11:22 am »
Ex-Trump Lawyer Cohen to Be Released From Prison

President Donald Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison Thursday and is expected to serve the remainder of his sentence at home, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

Cohen has been serving a federal prison sentence at FCI Otisville in New York after pleading guilty to numerous charges, including campaign finance fraud and lying to Congress.

He will be released on furlough with the expectation that he will transition to home confinement to serve the remainder of his sentence at home, the person said. Cohen, 53, began serving his sentence last May and was scheduled to be released from prison in November 2021.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/michael-cohen-prison/2020/05/20/id/968247/
The person could not discuss the matter publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Ex-Trump Lawyer Cohen to Be Released From Prison
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 12:12:15 am »
Looks like his liberal lawyer gets off easy.  COVID!

I wonder if he is going to get his book released too?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.