Author Topic: GOP rallies behind effort to defeat Steve King  (Read 1119 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP rallies behind effort to defeat Steve King
« on: May 17, 2020, 07:09:04 pm »
GOP rallies behind effort to defeat Steve King
By Jonathan Easley - 05/17/20 12:00 PM EDT

Top Republicans and conservative outside groups are rallying around Rep. Steve King’s (R-Iowa) challenger ahead of the June 2 primary election, worried that the nine-term lawmaker’s record of inflammatory remarks will be a drag on the GOP everywhere.

Party leaders such as Karl Rove and Rep. Steve Stivers (R-Ohio), the former chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), have donated to businessman Randy Feenstra, who has emerged as King’s top challenger for the Republican nomination in Iowa’s 4th Congressional District.

National groups, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Realtors and the Defending Main Street super PAC are spending heavily in favor of Feenstra. The challenger has also received endorsements from the National Right to Life Committee and the Republican Jewish Coalition, giving him key allies in the effort to unseat King.

Feenstra’s internal polling shows he’s within the margin of error and he’s built a commanding money lead over King, whose fundraising dried up after he was stripped of his committee assignments last year following his latest round of controversial remarks about race.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/498063-gop-rallies-behind-effort-to-defeat-steve-king
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: GOP rallies behind effort to defeat Steve King
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 08:29:33 pm »
Steve King rates very Conservative.  Who would have thought that our president would oppose a Conservative Republican in an election?  But he has.  He opposed Ben Sasse to but Ben won with 70% of the vote.

I couldn't find anything wrong with him.  Here is his immigration stance.  Remember when Donald Trump was opposed to illegal immigration?

https://steveking.house.gov/issues/immigration
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 08:34:33 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 08:54:03 pm »

Randy Feenstra has disastrous interview on the Simon Conway Show

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 20, 2019
andrew@rightvoter.com; 970-219-2831
Sioux City, IA - Randy Feenstra had a disastrous interview on the Simon Conway Show last week from the Iowa State Fair, becoming flustered when he refused to answer a simple question about the budget deal.

The full interview is here: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/simon-conway-20710735/episode/randy-feenstra-47938455/

The fireworks started at 8:02 into the conversation, when Conway asked: “Would you have voted for the budget that just passed?

Feenstra answered, “No.”

But Conway followed up: “So are Chuck Grassley and Joni Ernst wrong?”

Feenstra was flustered: “Uh... they know the budget better than I did. My problem is...”

Conway interrupted Feenstra: “Back up. Whoa, whoa, whoa... You just said ‘no’ instantly.”

Conway called him out for trying to have it both ways on the issue.

https://www.jeremytaylorforcongress.com/feenstra-disastrous-interview

Looks like this guy is running also?

https://www.jeremytaylorforcongress.com/message-from-jeremy

They are making King out to be a white nationalist.  Maybe he is.  I don't know.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 09:05:39 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 09:20:58 pm »
Randy’s red-flag gun control law supporting PAC fires negative mailer against Congressman Steve King
By Jacob Hall -
May 11, 2020

For a little more than week Sen. Randy Feenstra has struggled to explain why he is so heavily supported by Main Street PAC, a group that lists red-flag gun control laws as one of its top legislative priorities.

Main Street PAC donated $5,000 directly to Feenstra’s campaign and announced it would put up an additional $100,000 to help Feenstra’s election.
And now we know what that “help” looks like.

“Where is Steve King?” is the title of the Main Street PAC mailer.

https://theiowastandard.com/randys-red-flag-gun-control-law-supporting-pac-fires-negative-mailer-against-congressman-steve-king/

One thing is for sure if you look up Steve King is that the left hates him.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 09:29:38 pm »
Election CentralIowa Politics
King: Feenstra $ells His Candidacy to Liberal PACs
Steve King: One of my challengers, State Senator Randy Feenstra, is supported by the RINO PAC, the anti-HeartBeat PAC, the Amnesty PAC, and the Gambling PAC.

https://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2020/05/king-feenstra-ells-his-candidacy-to-liberal-pacs/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 09:44:06 pm »
If the GOP keeps electing and "backing" Dem Lite candidates or McConnell approved candidates then the GOP needs to stop blaming the Dems for the issues going on in DC and take a hard look in the mirror.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 09:57:22 pm »
Another lying article from The Hill, trying to drum up a movement to defeat a good conservative congressman.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 10:14:39 pm »
Another lying article from The Hill, trying to drum up a movement to defeat a good conservative congressman.

Good for nothing RINO's.  They should learn from the Sasse victory.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2020, 10:16:52 pm »
Good for nothing RINO's.  They should learn from the Sasse victory.

Its one thing to capitalize on a real mistake a politician made. But they're trying to take out King with out-of-context lies.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 10:18:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2020, 10:20:56 pm »
Its one thing to capitalize on a real mistake a politician made. But they're trying to take out King with out-of-context lies.

I read.  Hasn't Trump been accused of the same?  White Supremacy, White Nationalism?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 10:41:25 pm »

When has there been any attempt lately to take out a Republican politician with in-context quotes?

Cherry picking and taking things out of context is how the left has to operate to get anywhere in an election.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 10:42:23 pm »
If the GOP keeps electing and "backing" Dem Lite candidates or McConnell approved candidates then the GOP needs to stop blaming the Dems for the issues going on in DC and take a hard look in the mirror.

Exactly.  It's a shame, I've always liked the man.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 10:46:18 pm »

That's right. Funny how many tried and true are being run over, eh? Them that ain't are sent through the revolving door at the administration soon to be out in the ether...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 10:51:42 pm »
That's right. Funny how many tried and true are being run over, eh? Them that ain't are sent through the revolving door at the administration soon to be out in the ether...

I wish we could find a way to stop the political genocide of tried and true Conservatives within the GOP at the elected level..but hell we can't even stop people from falsely smearing the Senator from Texas with almost 5 year old lies and falsehoods.

I honestly think it's going to take a lot of these "Old Bulls" dying and their stranglehold on power on the Hill for their to be a real change.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 11:41:38 pm »
I wish we could find a way to stop the political genocide of tried and true Conservatives within the GOP at the elected level..but hell we can't even stop people from falsely smearing the Senator from Texas with almost 5 year old lies and falsehoods.

I honestly think it's going to take a lot of these "Old Bulls" dying and their stranglehold on power on the Hill for their to be a real change.

888high58888 :amen:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2020, 04:18:38 am »
Don't know much about Feenstra, but I've always wished King was my congressman instead of D-4.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 01:09:53 am »
Steve King rates very Conservative.  Who would have thought that our president would oppose a Conservative Republican in an election?  But he has.  He opposed Ben Sasse to but Ben won with 70% of the vote.

I couldn't find anything wrong with him.  Here is his immigration stance.  Remember when Donald Trump was opposed to illegal immigration?

https://steveking.house.gov/issues/immigration

https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard/steve-king/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 03:26:23 am »
https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard/steve-king/

Yes, he is rated conservative, but he is not without controversy, if I recall he was stripped of his committee membership.  I believe it was because of this comment:

Rep. Steve King: If not for rape and incest, 'would there be any population left?'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/08/14/steve-king-jewish-muslim-republican-racist-poll-congress-iowa-4th-election-controversial-offensive/2010899001/

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2020, 03:30:44 am »

Rep. Steve Stivers's Immigration-Reduction Report Card
One of the rallying GOP:

gets F - on reduce unnecessary worker Visa's

D- on Amnesty

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/my/congress/10716/gradescoresheet

And Kevin McCarthy

A whopping 64% liberal F, F, F

https://www.conservativereview.com/scorecard/kevin-mccarthy/

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 03:37:19 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2020, 03:45:37 am »
Yes, he is rated conservative, but he is not without controversy, if I recall he was stripped of his committee membership.  I believe it was because of this comment:

Rep. Steve King: If not for rape and incest, 'would there be any population left?'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/08/14/steve-king-jewish-muslim-republican-racist-poll-congress-iowa-4th-election-controversial-offensive/2010899001/

um yes exaggeration but many Conservatives do not agree that people should abort because of rape or incest.  He clearly is very strict on his abortion views.  Probably even much more than I .  I cannot condemn people from making the choice since it is legal.  Young ladies raped by their fathers or rapists.  I think that we should focus on the heartbeat law, which would reduce abortion significantly.    I have also stated that I have used birth control. 

So I do believe God is right and true and that he formed us in the womb.  I believe abortion is a sin, but we all must answer for our sins.  But that really isn't controversial considering that Donald Trump is promoting Supreme Court decision to even deny contraceptives.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2020, 03:48:42 am »
King says what's wrong with nationalist?

'I am a nationalist': Trump's embrace of controversial label sparks uproar
William Cummings
USA TODAY

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/10/24/trump-says-hes-nationalist-what-means-why-its-controversial/1748521002/

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2020, 04:03:26 am »
You know the problem here?  These GOP failures don't want King to run because he isn't liberal like they are.  They are afraid he can't win because they believe their brand of liberalism is "winning".

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2020, 04:32:58 am »
Oh, and I was going to criticize King for this:

King said not all cultures contribute equally to society
King said presuming all cultures are equal devalues the "founding fathers" while arguing with an event attendee at a town hall in Webster County, Iowa. He said that by acknowledging that every culture is equal and contributed equally to society it reduces, "...the contributions of the people that laid the foundation for America and that's our founding fathers," King said at the event on May 28, 2019, in Fort Dodge.

That does sound very offensive.

And then I read it in context:

At a Webster County town hall on Tuesday, Rep. Steve King said presuming all cultures are equal devalues the 'founding fathers,' and tangled with an event attendee who said King discriminated against Mexican and non-white Americans.
The Kiron Republican said, as he has before, that he cares about history and Western civilization — not race.
"If we presume that every culture is equal and has an equal amount to contribute to our civilization, then we're devaluing the contributions of the people that laid the foundation for America and that's our founding fathers," King said in Fort Dodge. "It is not about race, it's never been about race. It is about culture."

-end

Agree that he should be careful.  I probably would have criticized Trump for saying something like that also.  He has a habit of saying things that can be taken very badly.  I am sure I would have taken King apart for that one.   Even though what he said is correct in that culture is a problem. If people cannot assimilate into American culture but prefer to bring unamerican idea's.  Well we know that does happen.  They come with socialism.  They come with their own prejudices.  Their desires are to change America instead of be American. 

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2020, 04:41:52 am »
GOP is now infested with pompous butts that don't really care for conservative values. The GOP now only cares to do the bidding of the moderate branch in Congress and preserving the status quo of lukewarm liberalism where the big money is (lobbyist groups).   
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 04:45:46 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....