Author Topic: Defections in the House: Several Dems to vote 'no' on $3T coronavirus bill  (Read 442 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Defections in the House: Several Dems to vote 'no' on $3T coronavirus bill

By Marisa Schultz | Fox News

Several Democrats are bucking their party and voting against Speaker Nancy Pelosi's $3 trillion coronavirus relief bill in the House on Friday.

Some moderate members in swing districts -- including Reps. Abigail Spanberger of Virginia, Joe Cunningham of South Carolina, Kendra Horn of Oklahoma, Cindy Axne of Iowa and Ben McAdams of Utah-- ripped the massive measure as a one-sided partisan bill that is going nowhere.

And there's resistance in the most liberal wing of the party, too, where some say the $3 trillion measure isn't big enough. Rep. Pramila Jayapal, a leader of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, said her "no" vote was "difficult" but the bill fell short on ensuring Americans continued to get paychecks and had access to health care.

At least one Republican, Rep. Peter King of New York, is bucking the GOP and supporting the legislation that will give nearly $1 trillion to state and local governments reeling from coronavirus budget holes.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/defections-in-the-house-several-dems-will-vote-no-on-3t-coronavirus-bill

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Nancy doesn't have the votes from her own party --- this one surprises me.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

I would bet the Rats who won't vote for the bill are in tough districts to win re-election.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But did it pass?  Story doesn't say, maybe they didn't have the vote.  Story didn't say that either.  Poor reporting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I would bet the Rats who won't vote for the bill are in tough districts to win re-election.

No sane person should approve of that.  Maybe they realized after they lost a seat in California.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

No sane person should approve of that.  Maybe they realized after they lost a seat in California.

You might be right; losing the seat in CA may have opened a few eyes.  We can only hope that perhaps some are starting to look at the insanity of runaway spending.

Article stating that CA may turn red .... I doubt it, but for what it's worth:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-may-become-a-red-state-because-of-failed-coronavirus-leadership-navarro-tells-hannity
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You might be right; losing the seat in CA may have opened a few eyes.  We can only hope that perhaps some are starting to look at the insanity of runaway spending.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-may-become-a-red-state-because-of-failed-coronavirus-leadership-navarro-tells-hannity

Navarro needs to put his head on the pillow, go back to sleep and dream some more.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

Every election cycle the "moderates" separate from the leftist majority Rats. After winning re-election they then vote back into leadership the same leftists. It's the Rat voters that allow this crap.

Offline bilo

Ballot harvesting will make sure that doesn't happen. The best we can hope for is to win a few of the seats that were lost.