Author Topic: Nearly 420,000 of NYC's richest residents have fled the city amid the pandemic with smartphone data  (Read 437 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nearly 420,000 of NYC's richest residents have fled the city amid the pandemic with smartphone data showing Upper East Side and West Village populations down by 40 percent

Five percent of New York City's population, or 420,000 people, left between March 1 and May 1 amid the coronavirus pandemic
    Some neighborhoods such as the Upper East Side and the West Village emptied by at least 40%
    The majority fled to vacation homes in places such as Long Island, upstate New York, Pennsylvania and Florida
    Residents who fled typically were white, had college degrees or higher and earned incomes of more than $100,000
    Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19

By Mary Kekatos For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:04 EDT, 15 May 2020 | Updated: 12:18 EDT, 15 May 2020

Five percent of New York City's population has fled since the coronavirus pandemic gripped the city, new smartphone data reveals.

From March 1 to May 1, about 420,000 residents of the Big Apple left, particularly from the wealthiest neighborhoods, reported The New York Times.

While there was relatively little change in some zip codes, others such as SoHo, the West Village, Morningside Heights, the Upper East Side, the Financial District, Midtown, Gramercy and Brooklyn Heights emptied by at least 40 percent.

Meanwhile, Manhattan's overall population fell by almost 20 percent.

Income was perhaps the strongest indicator of how many residents in a particular neighborhood had fled.

NYC has been the epicenter of the U.S. outbreak with more than 186,000 cases of coronavirus and more than 15,300 confirmed deaths with at least 5,000 more probable deaths.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8323377/New-Yorks-420-000-wealthiest-residents-fled-city-two-months-new-smartphone-data-shows.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LadyLiberty

And they spread the virus to those places.  That city should have been put under lockdown.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

You gotta hand it to Trump.

Once again, he was ahead of the rest of the country, changing his residence from New York to Florida just a few months prior to it hitting NYC aggressively.

I wonder why the press isn't quizzing him about that asking him "Did you have inside knowledge that the virus was going to hit NYC?"
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
You gotta hand it to Trump.

Once again, he was ahead of the rest of the country, changing his residence from New York to Florida just a few months prior to it hitting NYC aggressively.

I wonder why the press isn't quizzing him about that asking him "Did you have inside knowledge that the virus was going to hit NYC?"

....shhhh....don't give them any ideas   
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And they spread the virus to those places.  That city should have been put under lockdown.
Yep. Had some guy stop while i was flagging who was trying to follow his GPS to a rural location. Illinois plates. Oil isn't booming and he didn't look like an oilfield hand (and was driving a little car).

Curious that he would be out here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis