Author Topic: 1619 Project Creator Says Her Series Is ‘Journalism’ and ‘Not a History’  (Read 281 times)

rangerrebew

1619 Project Creator Says Her Series Is ‘Journalism’ and ‘Not a History’

Josh Christenson - May 10, 2020 2:35 PM

The creator of the controversial 1619 Project, a New York Times Magazine commentary series on the impact of slavery in America, is now saying her work was meant to be "journalism" and "not a history."

"The 1619 Project is not a history," Nikole Hannah-Jones said in an MSNBC interview on Sunday. "It is a work of journalism that examines the modern and ongoing legacy of slavery."

Hannah-Jones won a Pulitzer Prize for the 1619 Project last week, but the initiative has been frequently criticized for its inaccuracies by historians.

https://freebeacon.com/media/1619-project-creator-says-her-series-is-journalism-and-not-a-history/

rangerrebew

I wonder why she didn't make that clear in the beginning?  Could it be as a big liberal, she wanted people to believe her lies? *****rollingeyes*****

Offline skeeter

Well now that makes sense, journalism being what it is these days.

Offline The_Reader_David

So, evidently she doesn't believe the oft repeated definition of journalism as "the first draft of history", since this is history for which the first, second, third and probably thirty-third drafts have already been written.  It makes one suspect her notion of journalism is approximately coextensive with what native speakers of English who are of sound mind call "propaganda".
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline PeteS in CA

Walter Duranty got a Pulitzer for "journalism", too.

Duranty covered up the Holodomor, in which, if I had to guess, some of my great uncles died (though they might have died a little earlier, for being "kulaks" ... my Grandmother never learned what happened to her brothers).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, evidently she doesn't believe the oft repeated definition of journalism as "the first draft of history", since this is history for which the first, second, third and probably thirty-third drafts have already been written.  It makes one suspect her notion of journalism is approximately coextensive with what native speakers of English who are of sound mind call "propaganda".

Precisely, and she knows what she's doing to history, just like the lady washing her car in Cool Hand Luke.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: