Author Topic: McConnell: Obama 'should have kept his mouth shut' on Trump's coronavirus response  (Read 389 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell: Obama 'should have kept his mouth shut' on Trump's coronavirus response

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on Monday that former President Obama should have held back from criticizing President Trump's handling of the coronavirus, calling the decision "a little bit classless."

Lara Trump, during an online Trump campaign event, told McConnell that Obama "slammed" Trump over his response to the coronavirus.

McConnell replied that Obama should have followed the lead of former President George W. Bush, who largely sidestepped weighing on politics after he left the White House. McConnell noted that the former GOP president and his father, former President George H.W. Bush, "kept their mouths shut" after leaving office because they didn't think it was "appropriate" to critique another president.

"I think President Obama should have kept his mouth shut. You know, we know he doesn't like much this administration is doing, that's understandable. But I think it's a little bit classless frankly to critique an administration that comes after you," McConnell said.

"You had your shot, you were there for eight years. I think the tradition that the Bushes set up of not critiquing the president who comes after you, is a good tradition," McConnell added.

Neither Lara Trump nor McConnell specified which Obama comments they were referring to.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/497239-mcconnell-obama-should-have-kept-his-mouth-shut-on-trumps-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Neither Lara Trump nor McConnell specified which Obama comments they were referring to.

"All of them?" 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A narcissist like Obama will be furious, won't he.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

If The Hill wants to play dumb, they should choose more wisely, something they didn't write about, https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/496945-obama-in-private-call-says-trumps-coronavirus-response-has-been-an . :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: