Author Topic: Trump order to paint border wall black could drive up cost $500 million or more  (Read 2487 times)

Online libertybele

The wall has always been there.

It is your compliance to the propaganda structured and administered by the FED/Gov that has blinded you.

Before you put a mask over your mouth, take the one off from your eyes.

????  No, the wall is NOT 100% completed because it has not been 100% funded in order to complete AND a lot of the current funding has gone to repair or replace existing fencing.  As for blinders -- definitely not.  I haven't had contact with a couple of people that I've known who used to 'visit' along the TX, CA and AZ borders ... perhaps things have changed ... it's been awhile.

IF indeed the wall has been completed along the entire coast of the U.S., let me know, otherwise, I think you're the one that needs to take the mask off your eyes.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
????  No, the wall is NOT 100% completed because it has not been 100% funded in order to complete AND a lot of the current funding has gone to repair or replace existing fencing.  As for blinders -- definitely not.  I haven't had contact with a couple of people that I've known who used to 'visit' along the TX, CA and AZ borders ... perhaps things have changed ... it's been awhile.

IF indeed the wall has been completed along the entire coast of the U.S., let me know, otherwise, I think you're the one that needs to take the mask off your eyes.
I think the claimed total of border wall, completer, being built, and planned comes to roughly 1/4 of the border, a little under 500 miles.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

The Founders built the wall. They called it the Constitution. There have been some additions.

The laws are in the books. ENFORCE THE LAW.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Founders built the wall. They called it the Constitution. There have been some additions.

The laws are in the books. ENFORCE THE LAW.

That's pretty much the upshot of all this.  It doesn't matter how much we spend on a wall, it's useless if we don't enforce laws that are already on the books.

It's like the discussion @Chosen Daughter started recently (on an unrelated Topic) about holes being cut in the Bollard poles.  Anybody, given enough time, can cut through any fence.  It's pointless if that fence doesn't get patrolled, and patrols are guaranteed to stop the instant any Democrat gets elected President.

This is why a solid barrier has appeal:  Even when the commie Rats eventually get a President, a wall or fence is "passive," and not prone to failures of the Rats who will do everything they can to dismantle the border.  They really hate Americans.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 10:58:04 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's pretty much the upshot of all this.  It doesn't matter how much we spend on a wall, it's useless if we don't enforce laws that are already on the books.

It's like the discussion @Chosen Daughter started recently (on an unrelated Topic) about holes being cut in the Bollard poles.  Anybody, given enough time, can cut through any fence.  It's pointless if that fence doesn't get patrolled, and patrols are guaranteed to stop the instant any Democrat gets elected President.

This is why a solid barrier has appeal:  Even when the commie Rats eventually get a President, a wall or fence is "passive," and not prone to failures of the Rats who will do everything they can to dismantle the border.  They really hate Americans.
Precisely. Also why I have been against the whole "virtual wall" concept. While all that tech can be an aid to a vigilant enforcement agency, the minute someone pulls the plug, you got nothing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Precisely. Also why I have been against the whole "virtual wall" concept. While all that tech can be an aid to a vigilant enforcement agency, the minute someone pulls the plug, you got nothing.

As evidenced by the resistance of the Rats at every turn to fix things.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Well it ain't no where near done enough to even worry about yet, and probably won't be. A fence ain't a fence until it is all the way done. Right now they can just drive around the end of it almost everywhere.

Online libertybele

Well it ain't no where near done enough to even worry about yet, and probably won't be. A fence ain't a fence until it is all the way done. Right now they can just drive around the end of it almost everywhere.

Absolutely true.  It's not done and its absurd to spend money on painting the darn thing when the money could be spent towards completing it.  Paint the darn thing purple, black, orange with zebra stripes, I don't care, but FIRST get the thing completely built.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Has anyone actually read the article .... written by Nick Miroff and Josh Dawsey with The Washington Post??

Anyone??

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Absolutely true.  It's not done and its absurd to spend money on painting the darn thing when the money could be spent towards completing it.  Paint the darn thing purple, black, orange with zebra stripes, I don't care, but FIRST get the thing completely built.

I agree with that, very much, being that I live here.  But I have to point out, @roamer_1, there are many places on the AZ/CA/NM border where the desert is more formidable than most fences.  You can't just "drive around the end" when the Sonoran Desert looks like this:

I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Has anyone actually read the article .... written by Nick Miroff and Josh Dawsey with The Washington Post??

Anyone??

Not me.  I'm tired of the cat and mouse game I need to play to get past their paywalls and ad-blocker-blockers.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

Anyone??

Yes, I have ... it unfortunately reminded me that Kushner was now in charge of this project.

The wall's coming along quite nicely .... here's a video shot in early March.  You'll be happy to know construction on the wall did not stop during the lockdown.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

And more good news @roamer_1  ....

First border wall contract awarded for Laredo, Texas at $275 million
NBC/Austin, May 9, 2020

McALLEN, TEXAS (Border Report) — A $275 million contract has been awarded to an Alabama company to start construction of a 14-mile border wall in Laredo, Texas.

Similar to other portions of border wall being built in South Texas and throughout the Southwest, this project will consist of a 30-foot-high bollard wall with all weather roads, enforcement cameras and special lighting, according to a announcement made by U.S. Customs and Border Protection late Friday.

This will be the first portion of a border wall to go up in Laredo, which sits across the Rio Grande from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

The contract was awarded to Caddell Construction Company LLC of Montgomery, Alabama, and construction is slated to begin in January 2021. However, much of the land in Webb County is privately owned and must be obtained before construction can begin.

Hundreds of Laredoans have voiced opposition to a border wall encircling their city. Since last fall they have held a river sit-in and a downtown march, drawing supporters from across the nation.

Most recently, U.S. Reps. Henry Cuellar and Vicente Gonzalez, two Democrats from Texas, filed legislation to designate the area as a historic heritage corridor that might possibly impact border wall plans, Gonzalez told Border Report.

Nevertheless, it appears that construction is slated to go forward.

https://www.kxan.com/news/first-border-wall-contract-awarded-for-laredo-texas-at-275-million/

Offline roamer_1

That's right.

Offline roamer_1

The wall's coming along quite nicely .... here's a video shot in early March.  You'll be happy to know construction on the wall did not stop during the lockdown.

*YAWN*

Offline roamer_1

I agree with that, very much, being that I live here.  But I have to point out, @roamer_1, there are many places on the AZ/CA/NM border where the desert is more formidable than most fences.  You can't just "drive around the end" when the Sonoran Desert looks like this:

I get it... You know I can walk across the Canadian border anytime I want, right? I know how it works.
Though even up here it's getting harder.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I get it... You know I can walk across the Canadian border anytime I want, right? I know how it works.
Though even up here it's getting harder.

Yes, I know that about your border because I was born and raised in Michigan.  In AZ, the border looks like that picture, and in the summer it's north of 110F every day.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

Thanks for the video @Right_in_Virginia    Bollards filled with concrete happy77 Still ... using money for paint instead of erecting more of the wall doesn't make sense.  Get 'er done period.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:16:03 am by libertybele »

Yes, I have ... it unfortunately reminded me that Kushner was now in charge of this project.

THAT'S what you got from this rambling tome???   :facepalm2:

Thanks for the video @Right_in_Virginia    Bollards filled with concrete happy77 Still ... using money for paint instead of erecting more of the wall doesn't make sense.  Get 'er done period.

Please, stop treating the "paint story" as though it's a serious one.

Please.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Please.

Reminds me of the Great Covfefe Debate.  Tempest meets Teapot.   :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

THAT'S what you got from this rambling tome???   :facepalm2:

Nope.  You asked if I read the article.   I simply stated that I had read the article and it mentioned Kushner ... I had forgotten he was in charge of the project.

*YAWN*

Oh, look.  Good news bores Dances with Horses.  Shocking.   88devil

Online libertybele

Please.

Obviously then, money for the wall isn't an issue anymore?  I didn't realize that it was completely funded. 

Offline roamer_1

Oh, look.  Good news bores Dances with Horses.  Shocking.   88devil

It isn't good news. It's the same ol song.