Author Topic: Jeff Sessions grapples with new round of Trump attacks  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Jeff Sessions grapples with new round of Trump attacks
« on: May 08, 2020, 11:25:28 pm »
By Burgess Everett 3 hrs ago

Jeff Sessions is trying to win back his old Senate seat and move on from his rocky tenure as attorney general. But President Donald Trump won’t let it go.

On Friday morning Trump called Sessions a “disaster” as the nation’s top law enforcement officer and said that Sessions visited Trump “four times just begging me to be attorney general.” The stinging attack on Fox News comes during crunch time for a July Alabama Senate primary pitting Sessions against former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville. The winner will face Democratic Sen. Doug Jones.

Sessions on Friday afternoon rebutted Trump’s retelling of the 2016 Cabinet search on, but gently. The former Alabama senator cannot afford to be seen by conservatives in his state as at odds with the president, so Sessions said he has “enormous appreciation” for Trump and affirmed that he will vote for him.

“I never begged for the job of attorney general, not four times, not one time, not ever. The president offered me the job, I took it, I stood up for the truth and performed at the highest levels,” Sessions said in a statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jeff-sessions-grapples-with-new-round-of-trump-attacks/ar-BB13OfgU?ocid=spartanntp
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:26:29 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Jeff Sessions grapples with new round of Trump attacks
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 12:44:07 am »
My heart bleeds for Jeff Sessions.  Why on Earth does he feel entitled to be a Senator again, when he did such a bang-up job of laying down on the job?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 12:55:03 am »
'I did the right thing': Jeff Sessions defends himself against Trump criticism

by Anthony Leonardi

May 08, 2020 08:27 PM

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions defended himself against recent criticism from President Trump.

While appearing Friday on Fox News's The Story with Martha MacCallum, Sessions responded to Trump's most recent attacks, in which the president referred to him as a "disaster."

"Unlike Attorney General Barr, I had an official role in that campaign. I was with the president many times as we traveled the country.

I was chairman of the national security committee, officially reported to the FEC. So, when the rules say you can't investigate a campaign that you're a part of, it clearly applied to me. I did the right thing. I cannot back down from that," Sessions said, arguing that Barr is not restricted as he was in his government role.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/i-did-the-right-thing-jeff-sessions-defends-himself-against-trump-criticism
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 12:56:42 am »
My heart bleeds for Jeff Sessions.  Why on Earth does he feel entitled to be a Senator again, when he did such a bang-up job of laying down on the job?

He reached his Peter Primciple as AG. Stepping back a rung, makes sense.

Trump was under full attack by the Coup we know well about, but Jeff couldn't take the heat, so he beat it out of Dodge.

Trump misjudged Sessions.

Let the voters of Alabama decide.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 01:00:59 am »

Trump was under full attack by the Coup we know well about, but Jeff couldn't take the heat, so he beat it out of Dodge.

The way I see it, Sessions did an about face on immigration during the 2016 campaign; he first backed Cruz then sided with Trump -- I think that there was a 'deal' made between Trump and Sessions early on. Once Sessions became AG he made an even sweeter deal with the left.  IMHO Sessions has done nothing but prove that he has no integrity.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 01:07:03 am »
The way I see it, Sessions did an about face on immigration during the 2016 campaign; he first backed Cruz then sided with Trump -- I think that there was a 'deal' made between Trump and Sessions early on. Once Sessions became AG he made an even sweeter deal with the left.  IMHO Sessions has done nothing but prove that he has no integrity.

What?  What deal with the left.  Trump hired Sessions.  Trump admitted that Sessions was the first Senator to endorse him.  Are you pulling this from thin air.  Please provide information that Sessions was anything left.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 01:31:04 am »

All true @truth_seeker  I'd only add that Sessions misled Trump.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:55:39 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 01:58:44 am »
What?  What deal with the left.  Trump hired Sessions.  Trump admitted that Sessions was the first Senator to endorse him.  Are you pulling this from thin air.  Please provide information that Sessions was anything left.

What?  Did you even read my post?  Back during the 2016 campaign, Sessions first backed Cruz and then decided to back Trump -- within days.  Not pulling anything out of the air @Chosen Daughter  I am stating my opinion -- I think Sessions made two deals one with Trump during the campaign and a deal with the left after he became AG.

He did this country no good as the AG as he allowed both Rosenstein and Mueller to basically investigate themselves! Hello. They ARE part of the corruption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umhneqW41Ig

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 02:10:58 am »
By Burgess Everett 3 hrs ago

Jeff Sessions is trying to win back his old Senate seat and move on from his rocky tenure as attorney general. But President Donald Trump won’t let it go.

On Friday morning Trump called Sessions a “disaster” as the nation’s top law enforcement officer and said that Sessions visited Trump “four times just begging me to be attorney general.” The stinging attack on Fox News comes during crunch time for a July Alabama Senate primary pitting Sessions against former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville. The winner will face Democratic Sen. Doug Jones.

Sessions on Friday afternoon rebutted Trump’s retelling of the 2016 Cabinet search on, but gently. The former Alabama senator cannot afford to be seen by conservatives in his state as at odds with the president, so Sessions said he has “enormous appreciation” for Trump and affirmed that he will vote for him.

“I never begged for the job of attorney general, not four times, not one time, not ever. The president offered me the job, I took it, I stood up for the truth and performed at the highest levels,” Sessions said in a statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jeff-sessions-grapples-with-new-round-of-trump-attacks/ar-BB13OfgU?ocid=spartanntp

Sessions,  BEGGED, BEGGED, for the job and totally supported POTUS....then RECUSED himself from the job. SESSIONS IS LYING.  He is.. an attorney.   snark.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 02:15:38 am »
What?  Did you even read my post?  Back during the 2016 campaign, Sessions first backed Cruz and then decided to back Trump -- within days.  Not pulling anything out of the air @Chosen Daughter  I am stating my opinion -- I think Sessions made two deals one with Trump during the campaign and a deal with the left after he became AG.

He did this country no good as the AG as he allowed both Rosenstein and Mueller to basically investigate themselves! Hello. They ARE part of the corruption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umhneqW41Ig

I agree.  And POTUS is not attacking anyone.  Telling the truth is ALWAYS...an attack by LEFTY'S.  I loathe their terminology.  POTUS DEFENDS HIMSELF  from evil LEFTS lies;  News says; "TRUMP ATTACKS."....sick of it.

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2020, 02:19:59 am »
SESSIONS. HAS THE GALL TO SAY THIS:
 ( I remember back a few years. Yes he begged for the job. "performed at the highest level"?   DELUSIONAL. )

“I never begged for the job of attorney general, not four times, not one time, not ever. The president offered me the job, I took it, I stood up for the truth and performed at the highest levels,” Sessions said in a statement. =ARTICLE.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2020, 02:22:17 am »
All true @truth_seeker  I'd only add that Sessions misled Trump.

AGREE!     :beer:   :yowsa:     888high58888

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2020, 02:24:54 am »
SESSIONS. HAS THE GALL TO SAY THIS:
 ( I remember back a few years. Yes he begged for the job. "performed at the highest level"?   DELUSIONAL. )

“I never begged for the job of attorney general, not four times, not one time, not ever. The president offered me the job, I took it, I stood up for the truth and performed at the highest levels,” Sessions said in a statement. =ARTICLE.

I believe that Sessions proved that he cannot be trusted, but ultimately the voters will have to make the decision whether or not to seat him in the Senate.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2020, 02:28:18 am »
I believe that Sessions proved that he cannot be trusted, but ultimately the voters will have to make the decision whether or not to seat him in the Senate.

I can remember when Sessions was considered among one of the most conservative in the senate.

Has his ideology really changed or is this backlash more of his war with Trump? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2020, 03:14:35 am »
I can remember when Sessions was considered among one of the most conservative in the senate.

When the dem's Coup got underway and Trump was under attack he Sessions' gone and provided no help.

Had instead Sessions remained on the job, investigated matters, he might have averted what we now know wwas a Coup.

When the going got tough, Sessions got going.

Sessions was once a topconservtive Senator, but he was over-his head as AG.

He failed from the start.

The Russia collusion hoax was a fraud from day one. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2020, 03:17:28 am »

:thumbsup: :facepalm:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2020, 03:21:06 am »

Yes. I agree. 

Maybe, he needs to retire as most of congress, needs to do that.  HE..needs to leave POTUS alone, already. 

Offline Absalom

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2020, 05:18:27 am »
The two, the quintessential odd couple, deserve each other.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2020, 05:43:37 am »
"Unlike Attorney General Barr, I had an official role in that campaign. I was with the president many times as we traveled the country.

I was chairman of the national security committee, officially reported to the FEC. So, when the rules say you can't investigate a campaign that you're a part of, it clearly applied to me. I did the right thing. I cannot back down from that," Sessions said, arguing that Barr is not restricted as he was in his government role.

That's right.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2020, 05:48:48 am »

If there was ever a Law and Order guy, Sessions would be it. YES he did exactly as he should, recusing himself from investigations into the campaign.

I don't dig him much for his favor of confiscating property from criminals (before the fact at that), but in this he was dang well right.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2020, 05:54:33 am »
Trump and his supporters just can't let go of their butthurt over Sessions.
It has nothing to do with butthurt. Sessions betrayed Trump just like Et tu Brute.
The whole thing is very simple. Once Sessions realized that he could not fulfill the duties of the position, he should not have recused and then sit on the job like a mother hen. HE SHOULD HAVE RESIGNED.

That is what any supporter of Trump would have done. Instead, he stayed in a seat in which he could not perform simply to block Trump from appointing a 'real' AG, instead of a ghost employee shadow figure like himself.

No one will ever convince me that he did not know. He knew exactly what he was doing and he did it deliberately to protect Hillary and the FBI coup. If he really did not know the damage he was doing to Trump, then he is a retarded fool. One or the other, either way he is a loser.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 06:30:33 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2020, 06:18:41 am »
I am tempted to vote for either Sessions or Tommy, the first to stop kissing Trump's nasty behind gets my vote. Odds are neither will get it. Good grief, when Trump does something right, commend him on it, when he screws up big, have the nads to nicely point it out. IOWs be a conservative of your own right because the compass bearings to true North never change. Trump blows with the wind and anyone here who is worth their salt know it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 06:19:34 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2020, 06:26:19 am »
I am tempted to vote for either Sessions or Tommy, the first to stop kissing Trump's nasty behind gets my vote. Odds are neither will get it. Good grief, when Trump does something right, commend him on it, when he screws up big, have the nads to nicely point it out. IOWs be a conservative of your own right because the compass bearings to true North never change. Trump blows with the wind and anyone here who is worth their salt know it.

That's right. I'd much rather Moore than less...
Tommy is GOPBoy and Turtle's choice... Which means a nope for me...
Sessions sucks on property rights... So another nope.
Although the schadenfraude... If Sessions wins I will laugh my butt clean off...

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2020, 06:41:11 am »
If there was ever a Law and Order guy, Sessions would be it. YES he did exactly as he should, recusing himself from investigations into the campaign.

I don't dig him much for his favor of confiscating property from criminals (before the fact at that), but in this he was dang well right.

Thanks Roamer... I have also had my let-downs on Sessions... I was disappointed in his response to a Roy Moore question, but after reviewing it, it was not the throwing under the bus that others did... It was played as such, but it wasn't. Jeff was cornered by a leftist liberal black woman congresscritter with a picture of two accusers of Moore and asked if he believed them, He answered that "he had no reason to not believe them"... A lawyer answer that let the left spin it as anit-Moore. But it wasn't I guess, since it can be construed as saying "I have no proof one way or the other". I would of preferred hearing "I can't say one way of the other without hearing some REAL evidence".

I like Cruz for the most part... He did throw Roy Moore under the bus... and without hesitation unfortunately. But on the matter of Cruz, Sessions had the opportunity to throw Cruz under the bus and didn't. He pointed out that Cruz was not trying to pass illegals amnesty in the gang of eight thing as Rubio tried to paint. He had the opportunity to really stick it to Cruz, but instead pointed out that Cruz was on his side at the time (when it came close to amnesty being passed). I have always remembered that little bit of character from Jeff Sessions.

I do think Sessions is honorable, and it was unfortunately a hindrance to Trump that just perchance he did meet in the same room with a Russian ambassador even though it was harmless. Sessions was for the most part a conservative in a sea of RINOs that took his honor seriously. It cost him and still is. Trump is a butt to keep being an arse to Session long after the non-offense took place. Heck remember when the Representatives tried to grill Sessions into telling confidential conversations on Trump they had, Session held his ground like a champ. Those conversations were private and private he kept them. If (as some here allege) Sessions was sold out to the democrats, there was his chance to prove it. He didn't waver on protecting Trump, and most of us with eyes saw it. If you have other evidence to the opposite, spill it, cause I didn't see Sessions as anything other than loyal to Trump.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2020, 12:15:04 pm »
Oh shut up with that crap. Ridiculous.
He obviously should have resigned.
If I am a bricklayer and I happen to go blind in an accident, how can I keep the job?
Trump couldn't fire him because all the Dems were siding with Sessions.
They wanted him there. He was their guy on the inside.
They told Trump that if he fires Sessions they will open the gates of Hell on him.
I don't think Sessions is sinister or anti-Trump. He is just a coward.
He is a Sgt. Schultz type who just wants to get along with no trouble.
He did not obey or disobey Trump. He was nothing.
The oath does not prevent him from retiring.
He is a fool and a coward. The Dems played him like a cheap whore.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 12:16:00 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.