Author Topic: Could Media Please Stop Publishing The Exact Same NeverTrump Column Over And Over Again?..Mollie Hem  (Read 283 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Could Media Please Stop Publishing The Exact Same NeverTrump Column Over And Over Again?

It is said that the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result. In media, NeverTrumpism is writing the same column over and over and expecting the Orange Bad Man to disappear.

By Mollie Hemingway
May 6, 2020

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: President Donald Trump is unraveling. Oh, you’ve heard it eleventy billion times from the same half dozen “NeverTrump” pundits? Yeah, so has everyone. It’s the same column from the same people published with alarming frequency.

It’s not the pundits’ fault, necessarily. They are who they are, and clearly Trump has broken the part of their brains that used to be able to synthesize new information and develop interesting and compelling arguments. It is, however, the media outlets’ fault for publishing the same dreck over and over.

Media outlets treat conservative Americans as second-class citizens whose arguments don’t need to be listened to or engaged with. Instead, they take the vanishingly small number of column inches or pundit panel seats they have and give the “conservative” slots to people who repeatedly disparage conservative elected officials, their voters, and their policies.

In some cases, the supposed “conservatives” have long ago renounced their conservatism. The Washington Post’s Max Boot, the Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin, and Twitter’s Bill Kristol receive a great deal of mockery for their boring obsession with Orange Man Bad, an obsession that has led them to renounce every one of the policy positions they once held.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/06/could-media-please-stop-publishing-the-exact-same-nevertrump-column-over-and-over-again/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Ain't that the truth...

Offline goatprairie

I've read any of a number of articles by "conservative" never-Trumpers or just regular conservative columnists who write about Trump's "errors" concerning the pandemic.
While it's sure all admins make mistakes in these things, these scribblers (some of whom I had a lot of respect for) never bother to mention any of the mistakes Trump has made.
As soon as he got the word from Fauci that the virus was spreadable from human to human, he shut down travel from China. He offered to help China with the virus in early January. His offer to help was rejected by the Chinese.
Trump has been criticized for not following directives from the "experts," but when he does follow their directives (Fauci, Birx), he's still criticized.
As a big critic of some of Trump's policies in the economics area, I'd say Trump has done a pretty decent job during this crisis.
Where are the big mistakes he's made concerning the handling of the crisis?  I haven't seen any.

Offline LegalAmerican

YES. They continue as they have for about 40 years on smearing TRUMP. Most is about TRUMP ENVY. It never stops.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican

I can post many TRUMP ENVY 'journalist' going back to early 70's, 80's. Listen to this jerk, Chad talking. MORE ENVY! A true IDIOT.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Absalom

Those afflicted w/Envy want to be that other person.
Anyone w/the emotion to be Trump should immediately
see a psychiatrist for help.