Author Topic: More China pressure: World leaders demand wet markets be shut down  (Read 498 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

More China pressure: World leaders demand wet markets be shut down
Just the News, May 3, 2020

Amid an escalating war of words between Australia and China provoked by the global spread of the coronavirus, international pressure is building on China to close its wildlife "wet" markets, a notorious source of infectious diseases jumping from animals to humans.

As global health experts were learning about the eruption of COVID-19 in the Chinese industrial city of Wuhan in January, Beijing ordered a temporary shutdown of wet markets, followed by a "permanent" ban in February.

In mid-April, China's wet markets reopened.

This response follows a pattern set during the 2003 SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) outbreak, when the Chinese government first shut down the markets, but later reopened them because of the very high Chinese demand for domestic and exotic meat consumption and the use of animal body parts for medicinal and aphrodisiac purposes.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison is calling upon the U.S., France, Germany and other member states of the World Health Organization (WHO) to support an independent investigation into the origin of COVID-19, a demand he is expected to reaffirm at the May 17 WHO assembly.

Morrison wants more transparency from China and any other nations in which wet markets are found, including commitments to empower teams of independent experts to enter countries to investigate the sources and spread of pandemics.

More:  https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/world-leaders-wet-markets-worldwide-be-shut-down

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: More China pressure: World leaders demand wet markets be shut down
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 07:24:00 am »
It was my understanding that a 'wet market' is basically a grocery store there, as opposed to a 'dry market' dealing in clothes, electronics, and such.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 08:37:53 am »
Wet markets probable had nothing to do with this, want to make me happy, stop funding China virus chop shops.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 10:19:05 am »
Wet markets probable had nothing to do with this, want to make me happy, stop funding China virus chop shops.
Yep. Make the CCP(PLA) pay for it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis