Author Topic: COVID-19 turning out to be huge hoax perpetrated by media  (Read 968 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
COVID-19 turning out to be huge hoax perpetrated by media
« on: May 03, 2020, 02:14:40 pm »
COVID-19 turning out to be huge hoax perpetrated by media
Joseph Curl
9-11 minutes

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

When the postmortem is done on the media’s coverage of COVID-19 (and it will be), it will be clear that the virus was no Black Plague — it’s not even the flu on a bad year.

SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19, has killed 56,749 Americans as of Tuesday.

That’s not good. But it’s not as bad as the 2017-2018 flu season, when 80,000 -plus perished. And it’s a long cry from what all the experts were warning about just a few weeks ago: First, they predicted 1.7 million Americans dead; then they redid the models (this time apparently entering a few more “facts”) and said 100,000-240,000 dead.

Now, a major model relied on by the White House Coronavirus Task Force predicts about 70,000 dead by the end of August.

And for that we shut down the U.S. economy?!

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/28/covid-19-turning-out-to-be-huge-hoax-perpetrated-b/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: COVID-19 turning out to be huge hoax perpetrated by media
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 02:23:50 pm »
Word.

This virus did what viruses have always done; make people sick and miserable, and some of them dead. But, this time the people said baa. ****sheep****

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 02:44:59 pm »
The virus itself it’s not a hoax. It is very contagious and deadly to very small groups.

It’s the response to it that’s an issue
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 02:45:15 pm »
Word.

This virus did what viruses have always done; make people sick and miserable, and some of them dead. But, this time the people said baa. ****sheep****

I'll agree 80% with you on this one.  But facts are this thing at least on present epidemiological data is that COVID-19 is 30 to 50X more lethal (mortaility rate) than seasonal flu.  OTOH, was the destruction of our economy par with the risk.  IMO...No.  And also, no on the point of it being a hoax.

This whole fiasco was handled wrong in the first place.  When we developed a pandemic contingency plan, No.1 stratetgic point is to isolate (island-ize) critical infrastructure and No. 2 "at risk" groups.  Our government federal and state, and health regulatory agencies have failed us miserably.  Supposedly, a lot of this planning was supposed to have been developed during the H1N1 event.  What happened?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 02:48:42 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 05:02:58 pm »
The virus itself it’s not a hoax. It is very contagious and deadly to very small groups.

Yeah, "Hype" would probably be more accurate than "Hoax".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 06:17:11 pm »
Yeah, "Hype" would probably be more accurate than "Hoax".

This episode happened because of a confluence of circumstances and events.

I have no doubt that if Trump had not been in the media’s crosshairs, or if a democrat had been in office, their coverage of covid19 would have been a blip in the news—and our economic life would have gone on unencumbered.

But, when the news shapers deemed this virus a plague, using every crisis—real or imagined—to get Trump, the medical bureaucracy had no choice but to mobilize, and the administration respond as it did, or be buried by the backlash in an election year—“Trump doesn’t care about saving lives.” So, the lie became the truth.

The media’s play forced a public validation of their dire pre-election predictions that electing Trump would be the end of the world. Touché, you media cretins.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 06:48:24 pm by aligncare »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 08:08:53 pm »

I have no doubt that if Trump had not been in the media’s crosshairs, or if a democrat had been in office, their coverage of covid19 would have been a blip in the news—and our economic life would have gone on unencumbered.

But, when the news shapers deemed this virus a plague, using every crisis—real or imagined—to get Trump, the medical bureaucracy had no choice but to mobilize, and the administration respond as it did, or be buried by the backlash in an election year—“Trump doesn’t care about saving lives.” So, the lie became the truth.

The media’s play forced a public validation of their dire pre-election predictions that electing Trump would be the end of the world. Touché, you media cretins.

Trump initial reaction was correct. He should have stuck with it but the media blitz made that politically impossible.

With any other president this would not have happened.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 08:36:10 pm »
Trump initial reaction was correct. He should have stuck with it but the media blitz made that politically impossible.

With any other president this would not have happened.

Is this what would not have happened:  The media blitz @skeeter and the "scientific" prediction of one million deaths??

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 08:36:38 pm »
Word.

YES!  And where were these 'SMART' articles AHEAD of time, when we were shown, people just falling over in their tracks, in a pool of blood and retching blood from their mouths?  No one KNEW who bad it could be, or what we were dealing with.

A BRAND NEW VIRUS RELEASED WORLD WIDE ON THE PEOPLE.  182 COUNTRIES WORLD WIDE.

I personally, loathe HINDSIGHT articles or opinions.  it is ALL 20/20...after the fact.  Just my pet peeve.

Aren't we all smart,  AFTER....  After we have some data, some living with the covid-19.  Not as bad, as we were lead to believe by all the experts in the world. W.H.O. & C.D.C.  and Fauci, Brix. 

W.H.O. DECLARED A PANDEMIC.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 08:41:07 pm »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 09:51:45 pm »
Is this what would not have happened:  The media blitz @skeeter and the "scientific" prediction of one million deaths??

Correct. It would’ve been a reprise of the H1N1 pandemic of 2009. The one most of us were only passingly concerned with.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2020, 10:03:58 pm »
I'll agree 80% with you on this one.  But facts are this thing at least on present epidemiological data is that COVID-19 is 30 to 50X more lethal (mortaility rate) than seasonal flu.  OTOH, was the destruction of our economy par with the risk.  IMO...No.  And also, no on the point of it being a hoax.

This whole fiasco was handled wrong in the first place.  When we developed a pandemic contingency plan, No.1 stratetgic point is to isolate (island-ize) critical infrastructure and No. 2 "at risk" groups.  Our government federal and state, and health regulatory agencies have failed us miserably.  Supposedly, a lot of this planning was supposed to have been developed during the H1N1 event.  What happened?
The denominator is growing as testing proceeds, so saying it is deadlier is premature. Especially when one considers that virtually anyone who tests positive and dies, whether they get  hit by a truck or die on a ventilator is still being counted in many places as a COVID-19 death.
In some jurisdictions, the number of COVID-19 deaths has been padded, and either admittedly so ("presumed" COVID-19 deaths), or they've been caught adding in numbers that exceeded the deaths in those counties (PA). We have jurisdictions in the US where I trust the numbers almost as much as the CCP, only in this instance, the deaths are being overstated instead of understated.

So, the numerator is a mess, and the denominator isn't in, yet.

In this state, there have been 21 influenza deaths this year (from Jan 1) and 25 COVID-19 deaths, two considered COVID-19 related, with another COD given. They're neck and neck, here.

Look who crafted what during the H1N1 event, and who  signed off on that. That says it all about the planning.
We have been improvising the whole way, with inadequate supply stocks (another legacy of the previous Administration), a lot of Disinformation (from the CCP on) and a media blitz intended to panic the country, which, unfortunately, they can always claim "Yabbut, just look how bad it would have been if we hadn't done all that".

I think it is a measure of how well who is running what to look around the country and see which Party is running things where the disease has hit hardest.

We know more, now. It's time to roll up our sleeves and start picking up the pieces.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:08:37 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2020, 10:08:36 pm »

Pardon, but it was 1.7 to 2m deaths... Carry on...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2020, 10:11:16 pm »

Yes, but no. This is not Tump-centric... Though I admit the advantage was pressed against him... and he fell for it.

But this is world-wide. There is a bigger game afoot. Bigger than mere US politics.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2020, 10:13:49 pm »

YES!  And where were these 'SMART' articles AHEAD of time, when we were shown, people just falling over in their tracks, in a pool of blood and retching blood from their mouths?  No one KNEW who bad it could be, or what we were dealing with.

A BRAND NEW VIRUS RELEASED WORLD WIDE ON THE PEOPLE.  182 COUNTRIES WORLD WIDE.

I personally, loathe HINDSIGHT articles or opinions.  it is ALL 20/20...after the fact.  Just my pet peeve.

Aren't we all smart,  AFTER....  After we have some data, some living with the covid-19.  Not as bad, as we were lead to believe by all the experts in the world. W.H.O. & C.D.C.  and Fauci, Brix. 

W.H.O. DECLARED A PANDEMIC.

And the media misinterpreted that for everyone. If there was a virus that made you sneeze violently, just once, and then was over, but it was outrageously contagious, formed fomites that lasted for months, was airborne, could be caught by any mucous membrane contact, and was rapidly circling the globe, it would be a pandemic.

The people at risk would be those with fresh surgical wounds, who had had cardiac cath in the last day or so, etc.--people for whom a violent sneeze might cause a problem.

Everyone else would say "Bless You" and be over it. But it would still be a pandemic.

It was the Media who boosted it to the status of the Black Death, and, unfortunately, no one had the data to refute that. (If the CCP did, they destroyed or buried it.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:14:48 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2020, 10:16:04 pm »
Yes, but no. This is not Tump-centric... Though I admit the advantage was pressed against him... and he fell for it.

But this is world-wide. There is a bigger game afoot. Bigger than mere US politics.
Yep. I saw all the "global citizen/one world" crap in the ads for the big teevee concert thon thingy I didn't watch.

C S Lewis

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 10:17:01 pm »

@LMAO
Agree.  I’m frustrated with people saying this is no worse than the flu.  The average flu season lasts 5 months and has 12-61k deaths.   We are at 2.5-3mos and are at 62k deaths...WITH THE ENTIRE F’ING WORLD SHUT DOWN!!!! Had we treated this like H1N1 or SARS, Heaven knows how bad it would have been.  10x more fatal, 10x more transmissible (than the flu).

Now that said, I don’t believe the across the board closures WAS the correct response.  It needed to be measured and localized.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:19:21 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2020, 10:21:00 pm »
@LMAO
Agree.  I’m frustrated with people saying this is no worse than the flu.  The average flu season lasts 5 months and has 12-61k deaths.   We are at 2.5-3mos and are at 62k deaths...WITH THE ENTIRE F’ING WORLD SHUT DOWN!!!! Had we treated this like H1N1 or SARS, Heaven knows how bad it would have been.  10x more fatal, 10x more transmissible (than the flu).

Now that said, I don’t believe the across the board closures WAS the correct response.  It need to be measured and localized.
In this state there have been 21 flu deaths since 1 Jan.
There have been 25 COVID-19 related deaths, two just with the disease in the same time period.

Definitely not 10X more lethal.

But there is some good news, lab confirmed influenza cases dropped to nearly zero in April. :pondering:

Still, when you don't know what to do, you do what you must, often to deal with the worst case scenario--something reputed to be Captain Tripps, and if it turns out to be just an Ensign, well, so it goes.

Recognizing that it is not as lethal as presumed initially is key, lifting restrictions where unwarranted is good, doing so in a timely fashion is difficult but commendable. Recognizing, after the fact that some of that was unnecessary is good, and a lesson for next time, but you have to have the means to test for the pathogen in order to make data driven decisions about how to react, (and CDC pooed that scrooch, with contaminated tests right out the gate).  Without that you're flying blind, and in order to have the best outcome (medically) you take the more extreme measures.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:26:39 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2020, 10:31:11 pm »
@LMAO

Now that said, I don’t believe the across the board closures WAS the correct response.  It needed to be measured and localized.

That is exactly the kind of thinking that will let them off scott-free.
The reality... The TRUTH is that this whole quarantine scenario was entirely ineffective from the start. And one could argue, was meant to be that way. In fact, some of the regulation seems designed to encourage transmission.

And the proof of that is the 'in the wild' numbers that they are easing into the conversation. With all the efforts demanded, 'in the wild' numbers are over 15%... 25% in some places. And I dare say that number will be found to be way higher than that in the end.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2020, 10:33:08 pm »

I prefer the think that Trump—in his usual fashion—played to win the hand he was dealt. The media set the grim narrative, but rather than fight the overwhelming perception of pending mass death, he played to win the game. By winning I mean, get the economy back on track after the panic subsides, win re-election. Pragmatic, yes. But a strategy that, if successful, would keep his agenda alive for another term.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:54:47 pm by aligncare »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2020, 10:38:02 pm »
I prefer the think that Trump—in his usual fashion—played to win the hand he was dealt. The media set the grim narrative, but rather than fight the overwhelming perception of pending mass death, he played to win the game. By winning I mean, get the economy back on track after the panic subsides, win re-election. Pragmatic, yes. But a strategy, if he succeed, that would keep his agenda alive for another term.

I can accept that to a degree, I really can. But he is also perfectly set up to be the bag-holder when the whole game finally falls down. And the play was not worth the trillions upon trillions it cost.

His initial instinct was what was right - and that, in retrospect at least, should have been the play. He cried bullcrap to start with. And he should have stuck to that.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2020, 10:38:38 pm »
That is exactly the kind of thinking that will let them off scott-free.
The reality... The TRUTH is that this whole quarantine scenario was entirely ineffective from the start. And one could argue, was meant to be that way. In fact, some of the regulation seems designed to encourage transmission.

And the proof of that is the 'in the wild' numbers that they are easing into the conversation. With all the efforts demanded, 'in the wild' numbers are over 15%... 25% in some places. And I dare say that number will be found to be way higher than that in the end.
@roamer_1

I love you brother, but no.  (And I’m glad you didn’t puss out and bail on us!   wink777 )
Your statement requires one thing that just won’t work: the belief in a decision making “conspiracy” to achieve an end result.  Now why won’t that work?  Because there are 180+ countries around the world...who couldn’t agree on where they should all sit at a dinner party... to participate and agree to said “conspiracy”.

We can argue all day about where the line should be drawn for the countermeasures.   But this virus is not nothing....and anyone who believes otherwise needs to read this:

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/our-ministry/ny-diary

And anyone who believes otherwise needs to talk to my Chicago based sister who is a nurse, who has broken down in tears from exhaustion after weeks with no day off and watching people die from this. (Side note, her former gig was as an oncology nurse...people dying ain’t the reason for the tears)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:25:51 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2020, 10:43:30 pm »
@roamer_1

I love you brother, but no.   Your statement requires one thing that just won’t work: the belief in a decision making “conspiracy” to achieve an end result.  Now why won’t that work?  Because there are 180+ countries around the world...who couldn’t agree on where they should all sit at a dinner party... to participate and agree to said “conspiracy”.

I will disagree with that. Almost to a tee, the reaction has been the same world wide, with but a handful of outliers that went against the grain. And around the world , the play was the very same. This virus was hepped up by the media everywhere, with governments in collusion.

Something else is afoot. a world-wide something. This crisis was manufactured.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2020, 10:46:19 pm »
I can accept that to a degree, I really can. But he is also perfectly set up to be the bag-holder when the whole game finally falls down. And the play was not worth the trillions upon trillions it cost.

His initial instinct was what was right - and that, in retrospect at least, should have been the play. He cried bullcrap to start with. And he should have stuck to that.

Fair points. For certain the postmortem should be one hell of a row between the opposing sides of the Great Pandemic of 2020.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2020, 10:47:24 pm »
I will disagree with that. Almost to a tee, the reaction has been the same world wide, with but a handful of outliers that went against the grain. And around the world , the play was the very same. This virus was hepped up by the media everywhere, with governments in collusion.

Something else is afoot. a world-wide something. This crisis was manufactured.
@roamer_1
Please see my revised above