Author Topic: Thousands of IRS employees offer to go back to work after agency offers incentive pay amid backlog  (Read 284 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thousands of IRS employees offer to go back to work after agency offers incentive pay amid backlog
By John Bowden - 04/27/20 08:23 PM EDT

Thousands of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) employees have reportedly volunteered to go back to work as the agency struggles amid the pandemic to overcome a backlog of tax filings and coronavirus stimulus payments.

CNN reported Monday that a number of employees ranging in the thousands would return to work at 10 different locations across the country as the IRS works to get through tax season as well as the relief payments passed by Congress and signed into law by President Trump.

Those working amid the backlog will reportedly receive a 10 percent pay raise, while some workers in areas deemed to be higher risks for coronavirus transmission, such as the mailroom, would receive up to 25 percent raises.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/494947-thousands-of-irs-employees-offer-to-go-back-to-work-after-agency
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I wonder if this will result in fewer audits, etc., this year...?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
 *****rollingeyes*****  Not that dangerous as long as I scam the government out of more pay.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.