Author Topic: As famines of ‘biblical proportion’ loom: 260 million are facing starvation and that is NOT includin  (Read 415 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Big Wobble by Gary Walton 4/22/2020

As famines of ‘biblical proportion’ loom: 260 million are facing starvation and that is NOT including people who face starvation due to Covid-19: Locust swarms are increasing across Africa, Arabia, Southwest Asia and Pakistan

As the coronavirus death toll approaches 200,000 and more than 2.5 million confirmed cases, understandably the world is looking away from a global humanitarian catastrophe of Biblical proportion happening elsewhere. A deepening crisis is exploding in many parts of the world as more frequent natural disasters and changing weather patterns along with poverty and conflict. According to a new report from the World Food Programme (WFP) the world is facing a perfect storm. 135 million people are facing crisis levels of hunger or worse, coupled with an additional 130 million on the edge of starvation prompted by Coronavirus.

To make matters worse farms and food production businesses are struggling to stay afloat due to Covid-19. Crops and animals are being destroyed due to virus restrictions. With an extra billion mouths to feed the vision of the rest of 2020 is a very frightening picture, however, the problem did not begin this year, the problem escalated last year.

Back in 2019, a crisis emerged across three continents as extreme weather conditions and disease began to bite the farming industry leaving world banks warning the 2020s would be a decade of dramatic economic and social upheaval as another billion mouths will need to be fed. This statement, of course, was made well before the coronavirus had jumped from animal to human, (or from lab to human.)

More: http://www.thebigwobble.org/2020/04/as-famines-of-biblical-proportion-loom.html

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

CP
Current Page:
World | Tuesday, April 14, 2020 | Coronavirus →
New wave of locusts threatens millions in Africa, Middle East with food insecurity

https://www.christianpost.com/news/new-wave-of-locusts-threatens-millions-in-africa-middle-east-with-food-insecurity.html

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 03:43:33 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

CP
Current Page:
World | Tuesday, April 14, 2020 | Coronavirus →
New wave of locusts threatens millions in Africa, Middle East with food insecurity

https://www.christianpost.com/news/new-wave-of-locusts-threatens-millions-in-africa-middle-east-with-food-insecurity.html
I really don't know of any time in my life Africa wasn't faced with "food insecurity" somewhere. Of course, there were times when parts of it did better, but many of those farmers were driven out by politicians who now use food to pay their armies and control people. Sometimes that food comes directly from the USA.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis