Author Topic: Trump falsely claims that 'when somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is tot  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Mesaclone

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

And I answered you, quite clearly...perhaps you're having your own "brain thing".

I know you think that.  A clear answer would be

1.  "Acosta is right because..."
2.  "Acosta is wrong because..."
3.  "I'm afraid to answer you truthfully, because my logic is already twisted like a pretzel."

Its not News at all. I know that doesn't really fit the narrative your after, but there it is.

and yet there it isn't.

Offline Mesaclone

I know you think that.  A clear answer would be

1.  "Acosta is right because..."
2.  "Acosta is wrong because..."
3.  "I'm afraid to answer you truthfully, because my logic is already twisted like a pretzel."

and yet there it isn't.

Those aren't clearer answers. They are simply the answers YOU want.

Those aren't clearer answers. They are simply the answers YOU want.

I'll assume 3 then.

Offline Mesaclone

I'll assume 3 then.

You know what happens when you assume.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You know what happens when you assume.
Yes, I make a ASS out of U...and...
I forget the rest :pondering:

I'm kidding.

I remember the whole thing.
You're a good sport for feeding me more material to make fun of, and you got a few good punches in too.  What say we call it a draw and move on?    :bighug:

Offline Mesaclone

Yes, I make a ASS out of U...and...
I forget the rest :pondering:

I'm kidding.

I remember the whole thing.
You're a good sport for feeding me more material to make fun of, and you got a few good punches in too.  What say we call it a draw and move on?    :bighug:

Fine with me...just a riposte and parry.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why does the world always blow up before 7AM Pacific?  It's hard to keep up in the summer when I'm on Pacific, much easier when I'm on Mountain...

Need more Cofeve.... :coffee!: :coffee!: :coffee!:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Why does the world always blow up before 7AM Pacific?  It's hard to keep up in the summer when I'm on Pacific, much easier when I'm on Mountain...

Need more Cofeve.... :coffee!: :coffee!: :coffee!:

I thought you were on AAT. (Arizona All the Time)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought you were on AAT. (Arizona All the Time)

I am.  The problem is, you other guys are constantly changing your clocks back and forth...it's hard to stay in step sometimes. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

---------------------------
The soulmate of abysmal ignorance is humongous arrogance but
you'll never hear a peep from Trump's Fan Club who are all in forever.
So you are part of the Biden fan club?

Offline musiclady

So you are part of the Biden fan club?

Not a legit question.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Not a legit question.

Yes it is...  Many Trumpers accused us of being Hillary supporters because many of us  Cruz supporters were angry after the '16 primary backlash.  Sounds like more of the same rhetoric to me is starting up in earnest.

Trump is awful, but apparently all we got.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:51:14 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Yes it is...  Many Trumpers accused us of being Hillary supporters because many of us  Cruz supporters were angry after the '16 primary backlash.  Sounds like more of the same rhetoric to me is starting up in earnest.

I do not mean to provoke anyone, but I cannot think of another justification for openly trashing Trump at this point.

Anyone who dislikes him has made their opinion VERY clear by this time. Why beat that dead horse right before an election where the only alternative is Biden?

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I do not mean to provoke anyone, but I cannot think of another justification for openly trashing Trump at this point.

You don't think accusing dye in the wool conservatives of being a Biden or Hilary, or "alqaeda" supporters, because they don't think DJT walks on water  is a "provocation"? 

I support Trump, but have no problem callng him out on his many many many  shortcomings.  Kooaid isn't to my liking.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mesaclone

You don't think accusing dye in the wool conservatives of being a Biden or Hilary, or "alqaeda" supporters, because they don't think DJT walks on water  is a "provocation"? 

I support Trump, but have no problem callng him out on his many many many  shortcomings.  Kooaid isn't to my liking.

There are "dyed in the wool" conservatives right here in this discussion who have said they are considering voting for Biden...or another off the wall 3rd party candidate. As for Kool aid, nobody here that I've read is drinking any such thing. Many of us agree with most of the President's policies and most of us support that he stands up the media in a direct and unappeasing way...as opposed to the traditional Neville Chamberlain style of much of our GOP leadership...yet ALL of us see the man's shortcomings. Fortunately, those shortcoming are heavily outweighed by his strengths.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:14:56 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
There are "dyed in the wool" conservatives right here in this discussion who have said they are considering voting for Biden.

Really?  Can you name one?  I don't believe that......    If they actually said that, I'd really doubt their conservative credentials

As for Kool aid, nobody here that I've read is drinking any such thing. Many of us agree with most of the President's policies and most of his support that he stands up the media in a direct and unappeasing way...and ALL of us see the man's shortcomings. Fortunately, those shortcoming are heavily outweighed by his strengths.

No really big argument on my behalf there, with the excpetion I think his shortcomings outweigh the strengths.  Still he is far better than anything the dims have to offer.  OTOH, his self inflicted gaffes drive me freakin'. crazy.  He's got to stick to teleprompter, and stop with the off the cuff crap.  The stakes are too damn high. 

Offline musiclady

Still not a legit question.

He may be all we got, but that's no reason to join the fan club, and no reason for anyone here to accuse anyone else here of being in the "Biden fan club" if he or she has problems with Trump.

And yes, the accusation will continue in earnest until the election, as phony as it may be, because for some loyalty to a man is a greater cause than loyalty to principles, and any questioning of that man will result in the dark, ugly accusation that the non-fan is a leftist.

I expect it to continue, but it's as ugly now as it was in 2016, and should never, ever happen.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Idiot

I was a Cruz supporter and still haven't gotten over the "Cruz's dad shot JFK" comment.  I didn't vote for Trump, but WILL this time.  He has his faults and we all can agree he has them.  BUT....he's better than Biden and is supporting the Oil & Gas industry, which I am a part.  I'll vote for Trump and will actually support him financially.

Offline musiclady

Anyone who dislikes him has made their opinion VERY clear by this time. Why beat that dead horse right before an election where the only alternative is Biden?

Since when does recognizing that the man has flaws "trashing" him?

It makes me wonder why you are afraid to see any viewpoint other than your own?  You say it isn't accomplishing anything, but since when is stating a valid opinion forbidden?  Where is the line drawn?  If we are never to criticize a President, what kind of a forum does this become?

Most of us left TOS behind........ some of us years ago.......... and I don't think anyone legitimately wants this forum to be like that forum.

Offline musiclady

I was a Cruz supporter and still haven't gotten over the "Cruz's dad shot JFK" comment.  I didn't vote for Trump, but WILL this time.  He has his faults and we all can agree he has them.  BUT....he's better than Biden and is supporting the Oil & Gas industry, which I am a part.  I'll vote for Trump and will actually support him financially.

And continue to accuse others who aren't of being in the Biden fan club?

It isn't an either/or.   It wasn't in 2016, and it isn't now.

Offline skeeter

Since when does recognizing that the man has flaws "trashing" him?

It makes me wonder why you are afraid to see any viewpoint other than your own?  You say it isn't accomplishing anything, but since when is stating a valid opinion forbidden?  Where is the line drawn?  If we are never to criticize a President, what kind of a forum does this become?

Most of us left TOS behind........ some of us years ago.......... and I don't think anyone legitimately wants this forum to be like that forum.

Knock yerself out, ML. I'm just wondering aloud.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:33:05 pm by skeeter »

Offline Idiot

And continue to accuse others who aren't of being in the Biden fan club?

It isn't an either/or.   It wasn't in 2016, and it isn't now.
Sweetheart....  So when is a question: "So you are part of the Biden fan club?" an accusation?

Offline Mesaclone

Ask your pal Onceler if he's considered voting for Biden or 3rd party.

As for strengths and weaknesses, I respect your view but just don't share it. Those who feel as I do are not Kool Aid drinkers, we simply weigh the strength/balance sheet differently.