Author Topic: Coronavirus Task Force Is 'Considering' an Astonishing Way to Identify Americans Who Had the Virus  (Read 774 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coronavirus Task Force Is 'Considering' an Astonishing Way to Identify Americans Who Had the Virus
Beth Baumann

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 9:00 AM

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the White House Coronavirus Task Force is considering issuing certificates of immunity to Americans who have contracted and recovered from the Wuhan coronavirus.

He made it clear that testing for the virus and anti-body testing will be done on parallel tracks. This will allow health care workers to know who is actively fighting the virus versus who was asymptomatic.

"One does not essentially rule out the other," Fauci explained. "We still rely heavily and appropriately on the test to show that someone is, in fact, infected, whereas the anti-body test says that you were infected and if you're feeling well, you're very likely recovered."

The NIAID head said it's very likely that a large portion of the population has been infected and recovered but never knew they had the Wuhan coronavirus because they were asymptomatic.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/04/11/dr-fauci-has-an-astonishing-suggestion-for-identifying-those-who-previously-had-the-wuhan-coronavirus-n2566730
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I see this as the logical conclusion arrived at by reasonable people, acting reasonably.

There needs to be a way to ascertain:
- Who is infected (and thus, contagious)
- Who has had the vaccine (and thus cannot be infected)
- Who has had the disease, and now has recovered AND has developed antibodies (and thus presumably cannot infect others).

Yes, "your certificate, please" grates against our love of personal liberties.
But in a time of public health crisis (disease with as-yet no vaccine) such liberties will have to yield just enough to accommodate the need for public health.

We're "asked for documentation" in various situations:
- Officer asking for license and insurance at traffic stop
- Proof of insurance required by DMV before registering vehicle
- ID required for voting (at least in some states, should be in ALL of them)
- Proof of vaccination to register kids at school. (I'm guessing private schools require same proof as do public ones)

The last one is particularly important. Would you want your kids (even if they had been vaccinated) mixing with kids who carried no protection against polio, measles, etc. ?

If you were an employer, would you want employees who could be contagious, working alongside the healthy? You might be subject to a lawsuit if you had a worker become severely ill from COVID who then alleged that you had not required returning employees to provide proof that they were either vaccinated or had had an antibody test. This is going to happen... wait and see.

How many have see the film, "Contagion"?
Remember what was done with folks who received the vaccination towards the end of the movie...?

Online roamer_1

But in a time of public health crisis (disease with as-yet no vaccine) such liberties will have to yield just enough to accommodate the need for public health.

That is always how liberties are lost. By attrition... Not by a heavy hand, until enough liberties  have been lost to where the heavy hand can be applied.

- Proof of vaccination to register kids at school. (I'm guessing private schools require same proof as do public ones)

That which has already been lost to attrition promotes more attrition. Wake up. Sooner or later you have to draw a hard line.

The last one is particularly important. Would you want your kids (even if they had been vaccinated) mixing with kids who carried no protection against polio, measles, etc. ?

None of my kids were vaccinated.

If you were an employer, would you want employees who could be contagious, working alongside the healthy? You might be subject to a lawsuit if you had a worker become severely ill from COVID who then alleged that you had not required returning employees to provide proof that they were either vaccinated or had had an antibody test. This is going to happen... wait and see.

We're entering into 'mark of the beast' territory. Cannot work, buy or sell without the mark. Be careful what you wish for.

That is not liberty.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That is always how liberties are lost. By attrition... Not by a heavy hand, until enough liberties  have been lost to where the heavy hand can be applied.

That which has already been lost to attrition promotes more attrition. Wake up. Sooner or later you have to draw a hard line.

None of my kids were vaccinated.

We're entering into 'mark of the beast' territory. Cannot work, buy or sell without the mark. Be careful what you wish for.

That is not liberty.

I totally agree, and am waiting for one of the Demthugs to stand up and say that 'surviving' coronavirus and no certificate means you can't own guns.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

I totally agree, and am waiting for one of the Demthugs to stand up and say that 'surviving' coronavirus and no certificate means you can't own guns.

Me too. There is a game afoot here. Its purpose is becoming apparent.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I see this as the logical conclusion arrived at by reasonable people, acting reasonably.

- Who has had the disease, and now has recovered AND has developed antibodies (and thus presumably cannot infect others).

Remember what was done with folks who received the vaccination towards the end of the movie...?

Yes. IIRC in the movie “Contagion” they used wristbands sort of like those you get in the hospital and had a bar code on them and further I seem to remember they were different colors based on whether you were naturally immune like Matt Damon’s character, had been ill but recovered or had been vaccinated.

I get why people don’t like the idea but like you @Fishrrman, it does make logical sense.

If we want people who are now immune to get back to work, how are you going to know unless 1) there is reliable and mass antibody testing and 2) some way to verify immunity?

FWIW in order to reach herd immunity, at least 60% of the population has to be immune either from prior infection with full recovery (i.e. no longer shedding virus) or immune from vaccination.

Absent a vaccination which is probably a least 12 months away and without mass antibody testing or a way to identify those who have fully recovered, the only other way to reach herd immunity is to “let ‘er rip” and not worry about the number of deaths and say the hell with flattening the curve.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online Polly Ticks

Instead of papers which have to be requested, maybe we could just have people wear a colored star on their shirts so they would be more easily identified.
 :whistle:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You guys do realize that this would be the 'ultimate census' ever in America.
It would be the true 'mark of the beast'. You cannot work, buy, or sell anything without it.
Forget about 'living off the grid'. That would no longer exist, except maybe in some criminal black market.
Even the illegals would have to comply, or they would be locked out of society.
May you all live in interesting times.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just say "No!" to "Your papers, please!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Instead of papers which have to be requested, maybe we could just have people wear a colored star on their shirts so they would be more easily identified.

I heard that.  :whistle:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I heard that.  :whistle:

I heard that, too.   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:29:19 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Polly wrote:
"Instead of papers which have to be requested, maybe we could just have people wear a colored star on their shirts so they would be more easily identified."

Hey, why not a tattoo...?
You couldn't change that, like you would a shirt...
/s

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Our military vaccinates 100% of the troops. They do not needlessly risk the lives of people.

School children are vaccinated, too.

Both cases involve large numbers of folks in close quarters.

I bet FDR and Migtch McConnell  wished they had that new Polio medicine in time for them.

https://www.tmc.edu/news/2019/09/turning-the-anti-vaccination-tide/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online roamer_1

Our military vaccinates 100% of the troops. They do not needlessly risk the lives of people.

School children are vaccinated, too.

So FORCED vaccinations?

I am not vaccinated beyond what I received when young (polio only I believe), nor are my children.

So you would FORCE me, even though I will not for religious reasons, not to mention conscientious objections in the first place?

Screw that. I will not comply.
That's not liberty.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 05:19:18 am by roamer_1 »

Online Polly Ticks

FRANKFORT, KY—Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear has ordered all Christian churchgoers to wear a yellow cross to warn others they attended a religious gathering against the unilateral decree of the state.

Law enforcement officials took down license plate numbers of churchgoers so their family could be given a set of the yellow cross patches to sew on their clothing.

Kentucky Orders All Churchgoers To Wear Yellow Cross

Babylon Bee .... satire.  Or is it?
 :shrug:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Babylon Bee .... satire.  Or is it?
 :shrug:

Yesterday's Satire is tomorrow's reality...today!
I will NOT comply.