Author Topic: Boris Johnson Leaves U.K. Hospital After Coronavirus Treatment  (Read 500 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Boris Johnson Leaves U.K. Hospital After Coronavirus Treatment
NY Times, Apr 12, 2020

LONDON — Prime Minister Boris Johnson of Britain was discharged from the hospital on Sunday, a major step forward in his recovery from the coronavirus and a welcome relief for a nation whose political leadership has been harder hit by the contagion than that of any other Western country.

Mr. Johnson, who spent three nights in intensive care at St. Thomas’ Hospital in London, will still convalesce at Chequers, the prime minister’s country house, the government said in a statement. But he will soon be able to sign off on major decisions, including when to ease the country’s lockdown.

“On the advice of his medical team, the P.M. will not be immediately returning to work,” the statement said. “He wishes to thank everybody at St Thomas’ for the brilliant care he has received.”

Britain’s foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, had been deputized by Mr. Johnson to carry out his duties during his illness. But the absence of a formal succession plan in the country had raised questions about who would take charge if the prime minister were incapacitated for an extended period.

Now, those fears have eased, though it may still be weeks before Mr. Johnson retakes his place at the center of British politics. Full recovery from a serious case of the virus is lengthy and arduous, medical experts say, and Mr. Johnson’s family has warned that he should not return to work too soon.

More:  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/world/europe/boris-johnson-coronavirus.html

Offline Applewood

Re: Boris Johnson Leaves U.K. Hospital After Coronavirus Treatment
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 01:33:43 pm »
Prayers answered.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 02:28:00 pm »
Boris Johnson Released From Hospital, Will Continue Recovery at PM’s Country Retreat
Breitbart, Apr 12, 2020

The UK Prime Minister is heading to his country retreat to convalesce one week after he was admitted to hospital, and days after he was released from intensive care suffering with coronavirus.

Boris Johnson was released from hospital on Sunday, a week to the day after he was admitted to St Thomas’ in London for what a Downing Street briefing said was tests, but quickly deteriorated into a spell in intensive care. The Prime Minister first showed symptoms of the China coronavirus 17 days ago, but will now move to Chequers, the country house and estate owned by the British government and given as a grace-and-favour second residence to sitting Prime Ministers.

UK state broadcaster the BBC reports the Prime Minister will not immediately return to work, but will spend some time recovering at Chequers. A spokesman from 10 Downing Street, the Prime Minister’s London residence and official office said of the change: “On the advice of his medical team, the PM will not be immediately returning to work. He wishes to thank everybody at St Thomas’ for the brilliant care he has received.

“All of his thoughts are with those affected by this illness.”

While the Prime Minister didn’t make a statement himself upon release, his live-in girlfriend Carrie Symonds wrote: “I cannot thank our magnificent NHS enough.

“The staff at St Thomas’ Hospital have been incredible. I will never, ever be able to repay you and I will never stop thanking you… There were times last week that were very dark indeed. My heart goes out to all those in similar situations, worried sick about their loved ones.

“Thank you also to everyone who sent such kind messages of support. Today I’m feeling incredibly lucky.”

[...]

On Saturday night, the Prime Minister said of the doctors and nurses at St Thomas’: “I can’t thank them enough. I owe them my life.”

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/04/12/boris-johnson-released-from-hospital-will-continue-recovery-at-pms-country-retreat/

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 04:30:24 pm »
Wouldn't expect the PM to return to work right away.  Recuperating at Chequers is a good idea. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 04:45:02 pm »
I would be interested to know what kind of medication(s) he was given and if he has any underlying health issues.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 09:05:32 pm »
I've seen numerous articles on Mr. Johnson's condition, and his recovery (and now release), but NOT ONE OF THEM mentions how he was treated or what drugs were used...

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 06:18:43 pm »
Boris Johnson addresses the public following hospital release
Apr 12, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59kIPMB-2s4

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 06:26:04 pm »
I like the Prime Minister.  He's a class act.  Just wish he'd do something with that hair.  LOL

Actually, I have no room to talk.  I need a haircut badly.  Starting to look like a shaggy dog.   happy77