Author Topic: 'Together we will overcome!': Coronavirus-free Rand Paul volunteers at hospital after testing negati  (Read 495 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Together we will overcome!': Coronavirus-free Rand Paul volunteers at hospital after testing negative
by Spencer Neale
 | April 07, 2020 12:35 PM

Sporting an unshaven beard and medical scrubs, Sen. Rand Paul is joining the effort to combat the coronavirus by volunteering at a hospital in his home state.

The Kentucky Republican, who was placed into quarantine after testing positive for the virus on March 22, said he is rested and ready to offer his services as a healthcare worker in his hometown of Bowling Green, Kentucky, during the crisis.

"I appreciate all the best wishes I have received," Paul, who is an ophthalmologist, tweeted on Tuesday. "I have been retested and I am negative. I have started volunteering at a local hospital to assist those in my community who are in need of medical help, including Coronavirus patients. Together we will overcome this!"

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/together-we-will-overcome-coronavirus-free-rand-paul-volunteers-at-hospital-after-testing-negative
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Good, I will listen to Rand's sage advice on all of this, his being a libertarian view.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

There will only ever be one guy for me, but Paul looks pretty good without a shave.    /sarc

He was in my top 5 candidates in 2016.  I'm happy he is healthy, and bless him for volunteering at his local hospital.  I hope he gets to treat at least one of his neighbors.

Offline Polly Ticks

I'm happy he is healthy, and bless him for volunteering at his local hospital.  I hope he gets to treat at least one of his neighbors.

LOL.  I heard an implied, "Bless their hearts" at the end of that statement.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline musiclady

I've always respected the man, though don't agree with him on everything, and I am SO happy that he is well.

And yes, it's wonderful that he's volunteering at a hospital.

I'm sure he gets it now, and together we WILL overcome this.

Great news!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

LOL.  I heard an implied, "Bless their hearts" at the end of that statement.
I was thinking of neighbor Rene Boucher.  Poor guy is 60 years old and could use a friendly face watching over him if he gets sick.  Minute by minute, hour by hour, awake or sleeping in fitful nightmares.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:22:36 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Polly Ticks

I was thinking of neighbor Rene Boucher.  Poor guy is 60 years old and could use a friendly face watching over him if he gets sick.  Minute by minute, hour by hour, awake or sleeping in fitful nightmares.

Yes, so was I.  Bless his heart. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline bilo

Good, I will listen to Rand's sage advice on all of this, his being a libertarian view.

Like Trump I've come to appreciate him more and more.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Good on Dr. Paul.
Get out of that useless Senate and do something worthwhile.

The fact that he now has antibodies to the disease makes him more valuable at the hospital -- he (probably) can't get infected again.