Author Topic: Understanding The Chinese Communist Party Will Help The U.S. Respond Post-Pandemic  (Read 220 times)

Offline corbe

Understanding The Chinese Communist Party Will Help The U.S. Respond Post-Pandemic

Understanding China’s point of view and motivations from the 30,000-foot level helps us understand why they do the things that they do.

By Chris Fenton
April 3, 2020

As the COVID-19 pandemic spreads worldwide, it continues disrupting the lives of everyone in China, the United States, and most other nations. Since I spent years in the film industry working closely with China, and am set to release my book, “Feeding the Dragon: Inside the Trillion Dollar Dilemma Facing Hollywood, the NBA, & American Business” in July, journalists, peers, and friends have asked for my views on every aspect of the outbreak.

There are so many layers to the story, and even more unknowns. Speculation is irresponsible, and diving into the micro will only create confusion. That’s why I always go back to the important macro lessons of my book—what drives the decisions of the Chinese Communist Party.

First, the Chinese government wants their 1.4 billion people just happy enough that they don’t revolt. Second, the CCP can achieve that by creating jobs and a larger middle class through strong economic growth. Third, they can foster populace contentment by orchestrating strategic public narratives through the Propaganda Ministry.

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/03/understanding-the-chinese-communist-party-will-help-the-u-s-respond-post-pandemic/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

I don't necessarily agree with Mr. Fenton's idea here.  IMHO, There needs to be a Major Shift in our bilateral dealings with the CCP.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PeteS in CA

As a starting point, picture a stack of layers of ass-covering bureaucrats. Where each layer hides information from layers above it. And each layer has the power to disappear people who reveal what the layer wanted to hide.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Absalom

Understanding The Chinese Communist Party Will Help The U.S. Respond Post-Pandemic
Understanding China’s point of view and motivations from the 30,000-foot level helps us understand why they do the things that they do.
By Chris Fenton
April 3, 2020

As the COVID-19 pandemic spreads worldwide, it continues disrupting the lives of everyone in China, the United States, and most other nations. Since I spent years in the film industry working closely with China, and am set to release my book, “Feeding the Dragon: Inside the Trillion Dollar Dilemma Facing Hollywood, the NBA, & American Business” in July, journalists, peers, and friends have asked for my views on every aspect of the outbreak.
There are so many layers to the story, and even more unknowns. Speculation is irresponsible, and diving into the micro will only create confusion. That’s why I always go back to the important macro lessons of my book—what drives the decisions of the Chinese Communist Party.
First, the Chinese government wants their 1.4 billion people just happy enough that they don’t revolt. Second, the CCP can achieve that by creating jobs and a larger middle class through strong economic growth. Third, they can foster populace contentment by orchestrating strategic public narratives through the Propaganda Ministry.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/03/understanding-the-chinese-communist-party-will-help-the-u-s-respond-post-pandemic/
---------------------------------
If Fenton, a Hollywood buffoon and flunky, had a brain cell, he'd be lonely.
Some 4,000 years ago the Shang Dynasty set China on their current path.
They were followed by Militarists and since 1950, the Communist Party.
As a consequence China is addicted to authoritarian totalitarianism.
They cheat, lie and steal because individual freedom, a prerequisite for
creativity and innovation, is violently repressed as a threat to dictatorial rule.
Their behavior during this pandemic is testament to that reality.

Offline dfwgator

You deal with the CCP like Reagan dealt with the Soviet Union, "We win, they lose."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
As a starting point, picture a stack of layers of ass-covering bureaucrats. Where each layer hides information from layers above it. And each layer has the power to disappear people who reveal what the layer wanted to hide.

Turn back the clock to pre-9/11/2001 when each "Intelligence" agency had their own data, not to be shared with other agencies.

Why didn't our own CIA not warn about this pandemic?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln