Author Topic: Military's Plan to Cut 18,000 Medical Staff Should Be Shelved During Pandemic, MOAA Says  (Read 236 times)

rangerrebew

Military's Plan to Cut 18,000 Medical Staff Should Be Shelved During Pandemic, MOAA Says

31 Mar 2020
Military.com | By Richard Sisk

The Military Officers Association of America has joined growing calls in Congress for the Pentagon to scrap or at least postpone plans to cut staff at military hospitals and send retirees out into the community for health care during the novel coronavirus epidemic.

The Defense Health Agency's plans appear to be especially misguided at a time when local hospitals and clinics are being overwhelmed in certain parts of the country with COVID-19 patients, MOAA said in a statement.

"With medical capacity in extraordinary flux across the civilian health care system, it becomes increasingly prudent to officially halt all proposals to transition military families and retirees to civilian providers," it said.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/03/31/militarys-plan-cut-18000-medical-staff-should-be-shelved-during-pandemic-moaa-says.html

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Military's Plan to Cut 18,000 Medical Staff Should Be Shelved During Pandemic, MOAA Says

I know we have a few Vets who would love to chime in, but even without any data, I'd guess a big chunk of this is privatization of the VA, which is a good thing for all parties.  If that is the case, many of these 18,000 (if competent) would get absorbed by the private sector.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.