Author Topic: Trump's desire to reopen the country by Easter may not be far-fetched  (Read 207 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's desire to reopen the country by Easter may not be far-fetched
By Merrill Matthews, Opinion Contributor — 03/27/20 10:30 AM EDT

President Trump’s suggestion that he would like to see the country begin reopening by Easter, which is April 12, has met with a lot of skepticism. But it may not be that far-fetched.

While almost all of the news about the coronavirus pandemic has been negative, there are reasons to think things won’t be as bad as many of the news outlets and talking heads are predicting. Here are some of them:

The vast majority of cases end in recovery. Keep in mind that the vast majority of infected patients recover from the virus, usually in a couple of weeks.

The Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center appears to be the best site for tracking international, U.S. and even state coronavirus cases. It reports a total of 441,000 confirmed cases worldwide at this writing, with 19,800 deaths.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/489677-trumps-desire-to-reopen-the-country-by-easter-may-not-be-far-fetched
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Trump's desire to reopen the country by Easter may not be far-fetched
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 08:41:26 pm »
About that Johns Hopkins tracking page ....

I have zoomed in on the US and clicked on at least 100 of the red dots, and in the box that pops up showing confirmed cases, deaths, recoveries, etc., every single one says zero recoveries.  I know that in my county, Fort Bend in TX, there have been 8 recoveries.  They have the confirmed cases in my county at the correct number (and zero deaths), but the US recoveries are not being added into their dashboard.  The total recoveries are higher than they are showing.  Why would a US institution not include recoveries from their own country?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:45:31 pm by LadyLiberty »

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Trump's desire to reopen the country by Easter may not be far-fetched
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 08:44:52 pm »
Never mind, I just found this disclaimer:  Recovered cases outside China are estimates based on local media reports, and may be substantially lower than the true number.