Author Topic: Sasse: Pelosi tried to include abortion funding in COVID-19 spending bill  (Read 392 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Sasse: Pelosi tried to include abortion funding in COVID-19 spending bill
Karen TownsendPosted at 2:31 pm on March 14, 2020

The Daily Caller reported Thursday that Speaker Nancy Pelosi was trying to weasel in taxpayer funding for abortions in the emergency spending bill to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. According to senior administration officials, Pelosi lobbied for a mandate for up to $1 billion to reimburse laboratory claims. That mandate would have been taken as a loophole in health spending without protections outlined in the Hyde Amendment.

The Hyde Amendment is a legislative provision barring the use of federal funds to pay for abortion with two exceptions – to save the life of the woman, or if the pregnancy arises from incest or rape. Pelosi was taking a page from the playbook of Rahm Emanuel. Emanuel once famously said, “You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.” It sure looks like San Fran Gran was trying to pull a fast one for one of her pet projects.

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/03/14/sasse-pelosi-tried-include-abortion-funding-covid-19-spending-bill/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What else is in there?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Dims are evil bastards,but at least they support their voters.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mortarman

What else is in there?

They've gotta vote for it before we can find out what's in it. An' even then we won't know everything that's in it.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.