Author Topic: BREAKING: Sen. Rand Paul tests positive for coronavirus  (Read 1051 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Sen. Rand Paul tests positive for coronavirus
« on: March 22, 2020, 05:47:42 pm »
Senator Rand Paul
@RandPaul
·
11m
Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. He was not aware of any direct contact with any infected person.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LottieDah

Re: BREAKING: Sen. Rand Paul tests positive for coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 05:49:05 pm »
Watch all of Rand Paul's detractors shout hooray at hearing that he has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 05:53:02 pm »
Prayers up, my gosh, stunning in every turn of the road on this.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 05:59:04 pm »
He will remain in quarantine. No further news is available at this time!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-rand-paul-tests-positive-for-coronavirus
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 06:02:03 pm »
Oh, my......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 06:12:32 pm »
So ... I'd assume that the rest of the Senate (including DEMS) will need to be tested??   I wonder if Cruz's quarantine is over -- if so -- he's right back where he started. 

This could possibly shutdown the whole Senate, then what??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 06:16:36 pm »
So ... I'd assume that the rest of the Senate (including DEMS) will need to be tested??   I wonder if Cruz's quarantine is over -- if so -- he's right back where he started. 

I would think they’d have to quarantine the Senate...... at least those who have had contact with Sen. Paul.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 06:22:46 pm »

Cruz's quarantine ended about last Tuesday or Wednesday and I believe he called it a 10 day quarantine or is "self-isolation" more appropriate, maybe.

I know, it's wild, if you even come in some fairly distant contact with someone with it, you are suppose to also "self-isolate", I like that term a bit better.

Quarantining, is really before most of our times, I remember watching old cartoons and they might show a house being quarantined, I don't recall much of this "quarantining" ever.

Even though, the media plays this up and people recognize it, the reaction is massive, here, Canada, everywhere really.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 06:25:07 pm »

Manu Raju
@mkraju
 Â· 17m
I took a picture inside the Senate GOP lunch when the door was open Friday and saw Rand Paul seated next to other senators. He is visible in this photo.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 06:27:00 pm »
Bill Kristol
@BillKristol
·
22m
Infuriating. Senator Paul, though asymptomatic, was able to get tested "due to his extensive travel and events." Meanwhile health care providers treating patients on the front lines can't get tested if asymptomatic. But they don't have the senator's "extensive travel and events."
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 06:28:11 pm »
I would think they’d have to quarantine the Senate...... at least those who have had contact with Sen. Paul.

IF everyone in the Senate is in quarantine -- then the Senate cannot vote.  If I recall correctly, you have to be present in the Senate in order to vote (looking back on McCain). 

So what happens?  Not sure anything is laid out in the Constitution. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 06:28:23 pm »
Rand Paul Becomes First Senator to Test Positive for Coronavirus
The Kentucky Republican said he’s asymptomatic and will return to the Senate after his quarantine period.

By Lisa Hagen, Reporter March 22, 2020, at 2:02 p.m.

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky announced Sunday that he has tested positive for the coronavirus, becoming the first member of the Senate to contract the highly contagious virus.

Paul's Senate office tweeted that the senator isn't experiencing any symptoms and is "feeling fine," but was tested for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, since members of Congress travel frequently. Paul will remain in quarantine and continue to work remotely and return to the Senate once that period ends.

"Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine," his office tweeted Sunday afternoon.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-03-22/rand-paul-becomes-first-senator-to-test-positive-for-coronavirus

Prayers for Senator Paul for a quick recovery.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 06:30:00 pm »
Mods please move to same story of discussion under "National News".  Thanks.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 06:30:49 pm »
He say's he is feeling fine.  That seems to be how it is with many of the people.  They may have tested positive but they have little to no symptoms.  Very mild sickness.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2020, 06:32:14 pm »
IF everyone in the Senate is in quarantine -- then the Senate cannot vote.  If I recall correctly, you have to be present in the Senate in order to vote (looking back on McCain). 

So what happens?  Not sure anything is laid out in the Constitution.

We are in uncharted territory.  Who knows what they’re going to do??

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 06:32:33 pm »
He say's he is feeling fine.  That seems to be how it is with many of the people.  They may have tested positive but they have little to no symptoms.  Very mild sickness.

Pathology can vary person to person.  He might want to wait to comment.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 06:32:48 pm »

And every one of them a vector long before they even show those mild symptoms.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 06:33:33 pm »
Mods please move to same story of discussion under "National News".  Thanks.

Yes, please do.  I didn't realize it was already posted.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2020, 06:37:18 pm »
And every one of them a vector long before they even show those mild symptoms.

Could be the good and bad of it.  Good for the people who get it and recover easily.  Bad that they can spread it without even knowing.  They don't want people to get tested unless they have symptoms.  I think, unless I am confused they don't even want you to get a test if you have symptoms now.  So confusing.  Far from everyone that needs a test will be able to get one.

The Mayor of Everett announced directive for people to stay home now.

In hard-hit areas, testing restricted to health-care workers, hospital patients
March 21, 2020 at 8:20 am Updated March 21, 2020 at 4:47 pm

Health officials in New York, California and other hard-hit parts of the country are restricting coronavirus testing to health-care workers and the severely ill, saying the battle to contain the virus is lost and the country is moving into a new phase of the pandemic response.

As cases spike sharply in those places, they are bracing for an onslaught and directing scarce resources where they are needed most to save people’s lives. Instead of encouraging broad testing of the public, they’re focused on conserving masks, ventilators and intensive care beds – and on getting still-limited tests to health-care workers and the most vulnerable. The shift is further evidence that rising levels of infection and illness have begun to overwhelm the health care system.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/a-new-message-on-coronavirus-in-hard-hit-areas-dont-get-tested/
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 06:41:40 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2020, 06:50:47 pm »
The Mayor of Everett announced directive for people to stay home now.

Oof. That's Snohomish Co.   :0001: :0001:

I thought you were central - Wenatchee or Kennewick... You're right in the belly of the beast.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2020, 07:20:24 pm »
Tom Sea wrote:
"Cruz's quarantine ended about last Tuesday or Wednesday and I believe he called it a 10 day quarantine or is "self-isolation" more appropriate, maybe."

The difference is that Cruz self-isolated because he -might- have been exposed to the disease.
On the other hand, Rand Paul is now POSITIVE for infection.

He will have to do more than self-quarantine.
He'll probably have to keep himself in isolation until he passes at least 2 tests to show he's no longer carrying the virus.

And he still has to be careful about a sudden degradation of his condition, as has happened with others. But being a physician himself, I'm guessing he'll be ahead of the curve.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2020, 08:11:47 pm »
Bill Kristol
@BillKristol
·
22m
Infuriating. Senator Paul, though asymptomatic, was able to get tested "due to his extensive travel and events." Meanwhile health care providers treating patients on the front lines can't get tested if asymptomatic. But they don't have the senator's "extensive travel and events."

I suppose this well known public figure is pissed that Cruz, Paul and , Trudeau and Merkel also got tested.

Early indication in my boat, is we will re arrange who deserves status for worthwhile "opinions."

Somebody is pushing "Evill Hillary loving stooge, Dr. Fauci."

It seems to me, the truth is hard to break thru the bullshite stories.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2020, 10:17:28 pm »
Sinema criticizes Paul for alleged behavior ahead of coronavirus test results: 'Absolutely irresponsible'
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/488921-sinema-criticizes-paul-for-alleged-behavior-ahead-of-coronavirus-test-results
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2020, 11:21:08 pm »
With the lung injury he sustained in the vicious attack from his neighbor, I wonder if he’s at greater risk for added health issues caused by this vicious virus?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2020, 01:20:14 am »
We are in uncharted territory.  Who knows what they’re going to do??

I expect them to make a new rule that will allow Senators to vote remotely.  Our internet could easily accommodate the security that would require.  That's how people are able to telecommute for the private sector.  I had software keys that allowed me to do that sort of secure stuff 15 years ago, in an R&D department of a semiconductor company.  That's where I measured stuff in my previous life.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: