Author Topic: Who Can Trump Blame for the Pandemic?  (Read 272 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Who Can Trump Blame for the Pandemic?
« on: March 22, 2020, 09:07:20 am »
https://thebulwark.com/who-can-trump-blame-for-the-pandemic/

Molly Jong-Fast is an incredible writer.  Here is the money shot.

On Thursday Trump amped it up a little. I mean, he had to: The numbers keep growing and people keep dying and suddenly Make America Great Again looks a lot like it should be Joe Biden’s campaign slogan.

But, the climax is just as ball draining.

We’re in uncharted territory. I mean, the country is, but Donald Trump is, too. There’s no escape from the coronavirus. He can’t file for Chapter 11. He can’t petition shady people at Deutsche Bank to bail him out. He can’t blame a “Mexican” judge. There’s just the constant, grinding math that doesn’t care how big a star he is or how many feelings his Fox News audience has.

Donald Trump bulldozed the Republican party, corrupted American political life, and lied, bullied, and bragged his way out of every consequence that has ever come near him. But it turns out that COVID-19, of all things, is immune to his bu11sh1t.

I don’t think Trump can propaganda his way out of letting COVID-19 wipe out our parents’ savings and make our grandparents sick. But because he’s Trump, he’s sure as hell going to try.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
Re: Who Can Trump Blame for the Pandemic?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 09:23:16 am »
This thread needs a barf tag.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 01:10:42 pm »
https://thebulwark.com/who-can-trump-blame-for-the-pandemic/

Molly Jong-Fast is an incredible writer.  Here is the money shot.

But, the climax is just as ball draining.

Molly Jong-Fast is an incredibly stupid writer. I've read stuff from the Bulwark. They are just as bad as the left media. Whether Trump zigs or zags, they hammer him.
No problem criticizing him when he's wrong, but they're just as afflicted with Orange Man Bad (OMBS) Syndrome as the nuttiest far left scribblers.
Jong-Fast, daughter of Erica Jong, is not even a conservative and would write horrible things about whatever Pubbie was in the Oval Office.
She's a leftist nutter...okay?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 06:22:53 pm »
 :silly: The Bulwark? :silly: The zombie reincarnation of the Weekly Standard :silly: that was brought down by it's own Never-Trumpism? :silly:

Well, answering the title "question", China:

* It started in China;

* China (Wuhan? Hubei Province? China's national government? What difference does it make right now?!) allowed it to spread in Wuhan for weeks;

* China delayed shutting down travel out of Hubei Province until after Taiwan and the US started screening passengers entering from China, a 1-2 month delay;

* China assured WHO that there was no evidence of human-human transmission 6-9 weeks after the epidemic in Wuhan proved that claim false; and WHO, stupidly, parroted that line.

The real question raised by the article is whether "Molly Jong-Fast" (real name? nom-de-keyboard?) is that ignorant or that Trump-wasted.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 06:25:01 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 06:45:08 pm »
Bill Kristol is always a drag to see, I saw some tweet by him this morning.  I don't think I ever knew much about the Weekly Standard, did they use to advertise on Rush? But they and their alumnis are nothing but disappointments now, total wet blankets, good for nothing at least, as far as conservatism goes.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 06:49:50 pm »
:silly: The Bulwark? :silly: The zombie reincarnation of the Weekly Standard :silly: that was brought down by it's own Never-Trumpism? :silly:

Well, answering the title "question", China:

* It started in China;

* China (Wuhan? Hubei Province? China's national government? What difference does it make right now?!) allowed it to spread in Wuhan for weeks;

* China delayed shutting down travel out of Hubei Province until after Taiwan and the US started screening passengers entering from China, a 1-2 month delay;

* China assured WHO that there was no evidence of human-human transmission 6-9 weeks after the epidemic in Wuhan proved that claim false; and WHO, stupidly, parroted that line.

I agree.  I think when the dead are buried we will all revisit who is to blame, and we both agree China deserves a lot of blame.

The real question raised by the article is whether "Molly Jong-Fast" (real name? nom-de-keyboard?) is that ignorant or that Trump-wasted.

Thanks for your response @PeteS in CA